Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treadwell
Was looking for some discussion about Treadwell's tantrum following the Thielen fumble that cost us an additional 15 yards.  Frankly was surprised that Zimmer didn't bench Treadwell for such a stupid mistake.  It's hard to be down on Thielen the way the guy hustles, competes and gives his all.  Fumbles will happen occasionally.  What was Treadwell so pissed about?   A mistake by Thielen?  I was in the middle of giving the guy props for chasing down the defender to make the tackle and prevent a touchdown when the flag came in.  I can't imagine what he was thinking.  Even more disappointing that he did not redeem himself by making the 4th down catch.

Quote: @"Purpleblooded" said:
Was looking for some discussion about Treadwell's tantrum following the Thielen fumble that cost us an additional 15 yards.  Frankly was surprised that Zimmer didn't bench Treadwell for such a stupid mistake.  It's hard to be down on Thielen the way the guy hustles, competes and gives his all.  Fumbles will happen occasionally.  What was Treadwell so pissed about?   A mistake by Thielen?  I was in the middle of giving the guy props for chasing down the defender to make the tackle and prevent a touchdown when the flag came in.  I can't imagine what he was thinking.  Even more disappointing that he did not redeem himself by making the 4th down catch.
I am wondering if he wasnt wide open on the play or something.  He was really out of character there,  he doesnt seem to be the fiery kind of player that would lose their head in the heat of the moment but who knows.   I wasnt happy,  but at the same time I like to see players with some emotion as well once in a while... sucks that it cost us 15 but I dont really think it was going to matter at that point.

Yeah that was curious. Although it was interesting to see him trying to hurry the team up later during a scoring drive while his teammates were slowly coming to line up. 

Bench him.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Purpleblooded" said:
I am wondering if he wasnt wide open on the play or something.  He was really out of character there,  he doesnt seem to like the fiery kind of player that would lose their head in the heat of the moment but who knows.   I wasnt happy,  but at the same time I like to see players with some emotion as well once in a while... sucks that it cost us 15 but I dont really think it was going to matter at that point.
I took it as he knew how big the swing was.  Thielen was pissed as well.  I am with Jimmy, like to see some emotion.

After Treadwell dropped that ball on 4th and 1, Thielen should've walked over on the sidelines and slammed his helmet down right in front of Tready :p

Careful, some people will tell you how tired they are of threads which question Treadwell.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
Careful, some people will tell you how tired they are of threads which question Treadwell.
Cuz a team with a deep roster that was in the NFCCG the season before and signed the two highest profile FAs in the offseason only to limp to a 4-3-1 record should have bigger topics of discussion than the merits of the 3rd String WR.

My focus right now is how untimely the penalties and turnovers are. It's like the Football Gods are picking absolutely the most inopportune time to curse a drive.

I'm also concerned about Elf. He sure looked better last year. Guessing all the missed time this offseason hurt his conditioning as I'm surprised to see him getting pushed around.

Team needs to win out at home AND snag at least two roadies. Detroit and Seattle? Not sure they can outscore NE and the Bears were tough in their place before they put together a pretty good team.

Amazingly difficult path ahead with no margin for error. I'm not sure I'd care to make a wager on any particular  outcome at this point...but I'm pretty sure we'll see more Tready posts...unless he gets traded to NE or the Seahawks, wouldn't that be a hoot!

I imagine (some- maybe) of his frustration had to do with being passed over for a TD (on the flea-flicker), when he was wide open down the middle.  But Cousins opted to throw to Thielen instead.  Then again, when he had the chance to make a tough catch on 4th down, he dropped it (with a little help from the Saints defender).  It's too bad that he can't get separation (except on trick plays)- but that was the knock on him coming out of college.  If he's going to be successful, he needs to use his body and make tough underneath  catches- something that his hands are not (yet) able to do.  He's certainly not an outside receiver where- if he drops 1 or 2- he can still make it up with a 65 yard bomb.