Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The lasting impact of Teddy Bridgewater on the Minnesota Vikings
If you walk through the locker room entrance that players used coming off the practice field at Winter Park and look directly to your right, you will see the the Korey Stringer tribute locker and the space where Adrian Peterson had the presidential suite — which was just two lockers to himself. In 2017, with Peterson gone, the Minnesota Vikings moved Teddy Bridgewater’s locker over to that space, putting him next to rookie Dalvin Cook, an intentional move, and alongside team leaders Terence Newman, Eric Kendricks and Case Keenum. They called it “The Neighborhood.”http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/10/lasting-impact-teddy-bridgewater-minnesota-vikings/

That sums it up quite nicely. There is an idea of what a leader is but it's so much more. Teddy may not be that rah rah guy but his impact has been felt in so many ways. It was powerful and inspiring to watch him overcome the injury. He is genuinely a good guy and loved by his teammates and community. He will always remain one of my favorite Vikings. I cried when he came back on the field after the injury because I was so freaking happy for him. That ovation was deafening. What an incredible moment. 

“I think a lot of times people think you’re a leader because you’re the best player or because you’re a guy that’s very vocal or because you start or something but that’s not the case,” running back Latavius Murray said. “This is an example of, you’re a leader if you lead by example. You’re a leader because of who you are and what you do, not because of your position, your status or your rank."