Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So you think NFL rules sucks....
So the doctors cut off Kyles hard cast three days ago, and put him in a soft cast.
doctors orders, "No sports for 6 more weeks"

so....

you you guessed it, Kyle suited up today, his teammates all jazzed to see him...
I clubbed his hand up (like that mongoloid GB player)....played great at G, but coach kept him out of defense.

our league has a rule that if a team scores more than 34 points.......
the opposing team gets the ball on the fifty.....even if they score.....they get it again on the fifty.....until the margin is 14.
We are up huge in third.....So Kyle pancakes some kid and our HB is running for the goal line. We are screaming "step out...step out"......no...he scores.....so now we are yelling at the refs "pull a flag on us....holding on us....holding on us....pull a flag"

the refs obliged...we took a knee down in Red zone. And they got the ball over on downs.

now hold on.........
if a coach doesn't abide by the 34 point rule, the coach is suspended for the next game, has to write a letter for reinstatement. 

So Kyle gets out there at what we call "hammer" (SAM) and they run opposite side...Kyle runs him down, and buries the ball carrier........clock is ticking down....and coaches are yelling at him...."Don't tackle the runner"

our sideline is yelling at our defense to "let them score....let them score"... All so we don't have to get our coach suspended.

so last ten seconds of the game we watch a team we've shutout, run buy all our guys so the final was 34-6, and our coach not suspended.

I guess it's "feel good football" here now

Congrats on the win and getting the hard cast off. That is such a ridiculous rule and crazy that his teammates were letting let him score. Sucks that they weren't able to go for the shutout.

and every one gets a  trophy

Hey vanguard, that’s messed up.  Where do you live?

What a joke.

Good news for Kyle though! 

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
Hey vanguard, that’s messed up.  Where do you live?
Southern CA.
Riverside.

All this entitlement shit came from OC.

I understand the rules against running up the score in lower levels.  But suspend the coach?  We go to a running clock is all.  Funny you should bring this up.  Last week my 8th grade boy's team had they first loss of the year to the dominant team in the league.  We got waxed, 40+ to 6.  The ass of a coach on the other side had his studs still in late in the 4th quarter up by 30 some.  They didn't have long drives, just scored lots of big plays.  They have one kid who is a man-child that scored 4 TDs and most were 70+ yards.

So, since we were in second place in the league, we played them yesterday for the championship.  This team had never lost in Jr. Tackle.  27-0.  Their coach was on the league board and padded his team with kids from outside his zone and just was an overall ass.  This game meant everything to him.  Even went out and bought everyone of his kids superbowl like trophies and supposedly had 28-0 on them.  A bit presumptuous. 

As I said, they really only had 1 kid that beat us and we had 4 or 5 turnovers, so we played horrible and didn't tackle their stud.  So we took the kickoff and drove the field and scored and with the PAT (2 points in this league) lead 8-0. One could see this kinda stunned them.  Our D shut them down, not letting their stud get going.  Our kid with a broken finger played with a brace on as well and he mostly shadowed their stud. 

To make a long story short, it was an amazing game. Our boys out physicalled them, out played them in every way, we had 3 or 4 interceptions.  My boy played DE and hit the QB 3 times, twice leading to interceptions and the other should have been a strip sack but the QB somehow hung on and threw the ball with his arm pinned to his side.  We won 32-6 and were subbing our scrubs in late in the 4th.  It was amazing watching those boys play that game.  Their stud probably had negative yards gain as they tried several bubble screens that we blew up for big losses.

It was a day when everything seemed right in the world.  A storybook ending to a long 4 years of watching them dominate and us never quite able to get over that until the last game.  When it counted most.  27-1 had to suck so bad for their coach.  I feel for some of the kids, but it probably was a good lesson for them and good for them to face adversity. 

Anyway, sorry to piggyback on your thread VG83.  Glad your boy was back at it. 

That's awesome Greed! CONGRATS...
That's what I fear with our boys...that they will become complacent, and not finish. 

we had a run like that two years ago, beat the two teams in the playoffs / Super Bowl that beat us in the reg. Season.  What a great experience for those boys. Storybook indeed.
and yeah the more physical team will take it all.

I love those stories of "undefeated" teams taking the L. (Hopefully our boys can finish strong)

Yeah, we put up a running clock also, it helps, but there a few rules that drive me crazy, like the 50 yard line rule. You're basically giving the opposing team offensive series, after offensive series to try and catch up....luckily there's nothing against interceptions, and we have a very solid secondary. 

One more reg. Season game....then we will get a bye in first round of playoffs.
more time for Kyle to heal up.

Quote: E@"Viking1987" said:
and every one gets a  trophy
Yep, pretty ridiculous shit.  Crazy rule, have to admit I have never heard that one before.

Feel good football? Shit, that's when guys like me actually get out on the field to play - "the 34 point rule."