Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer impressed with Richardson’s play, professionalism
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
I wondered how he was doing this year.  You dont hear his name mentioned very often.  This is good news.
I will have to take Zim's word on it.  I don't see it.  Could this be a bit of positive reinforcement?
Well, since PFF has him as the highest rated player on our defense, I'm guessing there's more to it than just positive reinforcement. 
hahaha, yes PFF...

Kidding, sort of.  Our defense is certainly playing better.  Just haven't seen the plays from Sheldon.  But I haven't really watched any film either.
Well, think what you want about PFF. It's enough to say "someone other than coach and fan" thinks he's playing well.

I'm not a very smart person, even though I play one on this board , but I'm smart enough to know that there are things going on in the trenches that are way beyond my vision or even comprehension. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
I wondered how he was doing this year.  You dont hear his name mentioned very often.  This is good news.
I will have to take Zim's word on it.  I don't see it.  Could this be a bit of positive reinforcement?
Well, since PFF has him as the highest rated player on our defense, I'm guessing there's more to it than just positive reinforcement. 
hahaha, yes PFF...

Kidding, sort of.  Our defense is certainly playing better.  Just haven't seen the plays from Sheldon.  But I haven't really watched any film either.
Well, think what you want about PFF. It's enough to say "someone other than coach and fan" thinks he's playing well.

I'm not a very smart person, even though I play one on this board , but I'm smart enough to know that there are things going on in the trenches that are way beyond my vision or even comprehension. 
Oh believe me, I know that much goes on in the trenches that most never see.  As I said, I haven't watched any film on them, so I am not qualified other than to say he hasn't made any splash plays recently. 

Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to mock PFF.

If it's one of the other, I keep Richardson...I think Wilson could hold down the fort or maybe we target a guy like Josh Allen in the draft...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
If it's one of the other, I keep Richardson...I think Wilson could hold down the fort or maybe we target a guy like Josh Allen in the draft...
That's what I was thinking. Barr's replacement in round one and OL in round two and three. 

If Griffen is unable to come back that would add $10 million back to the cap.  You could potentially sign both Barr and Richardson.  At this point Richardson is a no brainer, I honestly think you can get better value than Barr on the open market with other players unless he comes at reasonable price.  

Quote: @"Kmerry82" said:
If Griffen is unable to come back that would add $10 million back to the cap.  You could potentially sign both Barr and Richardson.  At this point Richardson is a no brainer, I honestly think you can get better value than Barr on the open market with other players unless he comes at reasonable price.  
The problem is going to be that Anthony will want 3/4 defense $$$...Frankly, I think he might thrive in that scheme even more than here. 

There is a lot to be impressed with. He does the underneath work that isn't splashy and he helps free up Linval. I am glad they signed him and hope he stays here. 

Vike's have 10 mil projected for next season, with Sendejo getting 5.5 mil and Remmers getting 6.5 mil (1.2mil in dead money) I could see those guys gone.  Then you have the Griffen question he is making 12 million with 1.2 million in dead money and Tray Waynes is on for just under 10 million with no guarantees.  Vikings could easily have 40 million to spend next season and very little needed to address or resign.  That mean Richardson and a free agent Olineman could very easily be in the works.  Further more I could see them asking Rudolph to take a pay cut from 7 million plus he also has no guaranteed money left as well.  

The brain trust in with the Vikings have plenty of room to make things happen next year.  Our window goes well beyond just this and next year so I expect to see them make some impact.  Not to mention making some moves in the draft.