Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big test Sunday against the Jets
Quote: @Jor-El said:

The good news for Cousins is that I don't even think Jets fans hate him for all of this and that's because the team ended up with a quarterback anyway, in the form of Sam Darnold, who is kind of like Cousins, but $54 million cheaper. 
If this isn't bulletin board material, I don't know what is. I'm kind of hoping he can hang about 6 TDs on them Sunday.
Darnold: 59%, 9 TDs, 7 INTs, 1300 yards
Cousins: 71%, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, 1900 yards
Apparently this writer's definition of "kind of like" means "both play football".

Not sure it is bulletin board material, but it certainly was a headscratcher. 

As to the game, I expect Flip to have a good game plan to limit the batted balls, run the ball well against a week run D and play action to throw deep.  If our offense plays well, this should be like the Cardinals game without the fumble return for a TD.  Make them earn every yard and confuse the rookie on 3rd down. 

I'm really looking forward to this game. Big Sam Darnold fan here. He played at the high school in town, his mom was my kids middle school PE teacher and the town really supports him. That said, I hope the Vikes pick him off 5 times and we smoke them by 30. I can go back to rooting for him next week when he plays the Bears.