Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile, in Denver.....
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vance...had-kelly/

Not completely surprising, as this is the circle of life in the NFL. One thing they can't take from Keenum: $20 mill this season. 

Nguh....fans are stupid. Never forget all the calls for Todd Freaking Bouman. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

Nguh....fans are stupid. 
Yep. And honestly, I think even worse today: even less tolerant and more quick to judge than ever. Fire Zimmer!! lol

First person to blame for teams poor play is always the QB. Case had a great environment here last year. Great WR'sr and TE, great defense, strong run game. He fit the system good with his mobility. Much like Foles was in a good spot last year. Neither have repeated that magic.

It was a gamble to pick Case up by Denver, off one year magic. That is why the vikings chose to make an upgrade. 

I wish Case well, and hope that he can improve and have success. At least he has 18 million reasons to be happy. 

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
First person to blame for teams poor play is always the QB. Case had a great environment here last year. Great WR'sr and TE, great defense, strong run game. He fit the system good with his mobility. Much like Foles was in a good spot last year. Neither have repeated that magic.

It was a gamble to pick Case up by Denver, off one year magic. That is why the vikings chose to make an upgrade. 

I wish Case well, and hope that he can improve and have success. At least he has 18 million reasons to be happy. 
Agree....and there are many out there (Florio and that guy at CBS) who were convinced we made a big mistake in letting Keenum go and putting all our eggs in Cousins' basket. 

This was a CRUCIAL decision for the Vikings. One they absolutely had to get right. And there were probably a thousand posts on this board debating this topic with good points made on all sides. 

So far anyway, it appears that the predominant opinion, and the one chosen by the Vikings--that Keenum was an average QB whose numbers were wildly inflated by his supporting cast, that Bridgewater's and Bradford's injuries were just too risky for long term stability, and that Cousins was an underrated QB who just might flourish in a more stable environment--was the correct one. 

And thank God for that. 

Silly me, I thought it was just MN where the back-up is a savior in waiting,,

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Silly me, I thought it was just MN where the back-up is a savior in waiting,,
Turns out it anywhere were its cold. Early snow forces people to watch the NFL.