Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Left In The Diggs >> Theilen Crowd?
Quote: @HappyViking said:
Ok, so our #3 WR was a first round pick.  How about our top 2 WRs as a walk-on and a 5th rounder, so I think it balances out.   Both AT and Diggs needed some time before becoming as good as they are now, and it looks like year three is also a step in the right direction for Treadwell.

Treadwell is having his best season, and isn't that a good thing?  Sticky mentioned liking Wright better, but how's his season with Carolina going?  Are his numbers vastly better now that he can "spread his wings" and he's not sitting behind AT and Diggs?  Is Wright even having a better season than Treadwell?

Personally, I like the physical play that Tready shows from the WR spot.  His blocking ability does make a difference, and is often overlooked.
I think Treadwell and JDub are having similar years numbers wise,  but Treadwell is pointing up and JW is doing pretty much what he did here still.  and then theres the added blocking that Treadwell brings to the table.

I think people seem to forget how young Treadwell was when he was drafted.  Lots of growing for that kid in the last few years.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
@greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
I remember being told to take off my purple shades by a poster here when I said AT was our best WR two years ago.  I love Diggs, but AT just seems to have a special understanding of the game that very few players achieve.

How about Tready?  He actually had more catches and yards than Diggs yesterday.  Good for him, and the Vikes!
Gotta give major props to Treadwell.  After that horrible GB game (and many wanting to outright cut him), he has turned in several solid games.  Big first down against the Eagles and some great blocking on a 1st down for Diggs.

This week, caught everything coming his way and some important catches too.  Important part of our offense right now having that competent 3rd WR to find if they are focused on 1 and 2.
I felt I was patient with Treadwell, but I completely gave up on him after that GB fiasco.  It says quite a bit about his character that he can put that game and other poor games behind him, and just continue to work at getting better.

I've noticed his improved play, and the big dude isn't easy to bring down either.  He's a strong runner, and breaks tackles for those tough yards.
I rode Tread hard for awhile now, but he's making some places now at least. Not invisible. A nice surprise but still mild as far as productivity
he can only catch what is thrown his way.... but outside of his catches he is very productive,  nobody gets after it away from the ball like Treadwell.  watch him on run plays and in support of his teammates catches,  the dude is a beast out there on about every play he can be part of... always around the play at the whistle which is something I dont think most fans look at or appreciate, especially the ones who counter that with "then replace him with a TE or OT"  he is never going to live up to the first round expectations,  but he is still a very solid contributor for this offense.
I wrongly wanted him cut after the GB game. Since then he's been pretty solid. And a contributor for a first time.

Maybe that was what he needed. Cousins helps too. Remember that playoff game in 97 (?) when Owens had the dropsies but Garcia kept going to him? He caught a highlight reel catch to win the game. (I think it was against GB too.) He turned out okay.*
Quote:*Funny side note: he's all over the dating apps out here in Santa Monica. I've run into him a few times at bars, and a few months ago my friend matched with him and they exchanged contact info. She's hesitant to meet him. "He just wants sex!" Gee, ya think?

As to the OP, I believe there are some defensive coordinators that are still in the Diggs >> Theilen crowd.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
@greediron said:
@HappyViking said:
I remember being told to take off my purple shades by a poster here when I said AT was our best WR two years ago.  I love Diggs, but AT just seems to have a special understanding of the game that very few players achieve.

How about Tready?  He actually had more catches and yards than Diggs yesterday.  Good for him, and the Vikes!
Gotta give major props to Treadwell.  After that horrible GB game (and many wanting to outright cut him), he has turned in several solid games.  Big first down against the Eagles and some great blocking on a 1st down for Diggs.

This week, caught everything coming his way and some important catches too.  Important part of our offense right now having that competent 3rd WR to find if they are focused on 1 and 2.
I felt I was patient with Treadwell, but I completely gave up on him after that GB fiasco.  It says quite a bit about his character that he can put that game and other poor games behind him, and just continue to work at getting better.

I've noticed his improved play, and the big dude isn't easy to bring down either.  He's a strong runner, and breaks tackles for those tough yards.
I rode Tread hard for awhile now, but he's making some places now at least. Not invisible. A nice surprise but still mild as far as productivity. 
Not sure how many more years Treadwell is under contract here? Not sure if he'll get another one from RS?

He won't. Treadwell is right in that very very predictable spot, where he's starting to make some hay, he's getting noticed, so he'll likely get a nice little contract from a starry-eyed, receiver needy team, but it certainly won't be from a team that already has to pay Diggs and Thielen. You can replace Treadwell's role with a cheap 3rd rounder.