• McDermott 2
  • O'Neill 2
  • Ham 2
  • Hughes 2
  • Smith 1
  • Parry 1
  • Jones 1
  • Sendejo 1

That was a huge 1st down by Treadwell.  Ran over that iggle.

Seeing Cousins staying with Treadwell is promising and could pay some big dividends if 11 gets some confidennce.

O'Neill did extremely well in my opinion yesterday and so far this season for that matter.  He's stepped up in a huge way for us and absolutely deserves some love and respect for his play up to this point.   Especially after the almost universal melt down fans had of his selection in the second round.  

Quote: @"greediron" said:
That was a huge 1st down by Treadwell.  Ran over that iggle.
What impressed me the most about Treadwell was his blocking on a catch by Diggs.  He engaged one defender, Treadwell and the defender went to the ground and Treadwell got up and made an additional block allowing Diggs to get a lot of additional yardage.  It showed me a lot.  I know he is a good blocker but this showed some real determination and commitment.  A lot of players would have stayed on the ground with the original block.

Treadwell is a great blocker. I'd rather use him to block Bennett than use Rudy. Then again, Rudy's clock was so bad he got us a first down on the roughing call.
O'Neill should be starting at RT.  Zimmer needs to believe his own eyes. Don't worry that he is a rookie. He might make the occasional rookie mistake. But Hill gets beat all the time at RT; he is a better LT.  The injury to Reiff may end up being a blessing. But Zimmer has to believe his eyes.   

Gotta go with d-line. Which one though... When they show up, it makes everyone's day better. 

Though I agree with the Treadwell love too. 

Much tougher choice this week.

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
Treadwell is a great blocker. I'd rather use him to block Bennett than use Rudy. Then again, Rudy's clock was so bad he got us a first down on the roughing call.
O'Neill should be starting at RT.  Zimmer needs to believe his own eyes. Don't worry that he is a rookie. He might make the occasional rookie mistake. But Hill gets beat all the time at RT; he is a better LT.  The injury to Reiff may end up being a blessing. But Zimmer has to believe his eyes.   

Not sure I quite get that take.  He is big and long, but his feet seem a bit slow at RT.  Without help, he would get killed at LT.

@"dadevike" said:

Not sure I quite get that take.  He is big and long, but his feet seem a bit slow at RT.  Without help, he would get killed at LT.
Reiff is also a better LT than RT.  That just seems to be their position.

I agree with dadevike...  for whatever reason, Hill plays better on the left side.  I've been pretty impressed with O'Neill too. 

He struggled anchoring on a few bull rushes, but he slowed his guy down enough that Cousins could get the ball out before he was walked back too far into the pocket.