Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bold / stupid "hot take"
Gosh I hate that phrase, "hot take".
But here's an opinion that I'm considering having: if our defense gets shredded again today... like it did vs. the Rams... I think Zim should be on a very short leash.  After all the money poured into that side of the ball... and his fingerprints are all over it... there should not be any excuse for our defense looking better today.  I'm not saying we "should" win... but we had better look better (defensively) than we have the past few weeks.  If he can't get it together now... then maybe he's no longer the right guy for the job.  At the very least, he should fire himself as DC and turn it over to someone else.

If the defense shows up today and plays well- even in a loss- I think he should be off the hook (for awhile).  And if they show up and dominate the Eagles and we win handily... then I'll admit that I never really believed what I was saying because only an idiot would doubt Zim.  Or I'll admit that I'm just a dumb fan like everyone else.  But at least I'll be a HAPPY fan!

Not sure I associate Zimm with short-leash given his body of work over time. 

That said, my expectation with 10 days to evaluate is I expect a better D showing. 

Then again, losing your best DL (and maybe our best D player in EG) and no Waynes today is a lot to overcome. 

I expect a good game on both sides of the ball. Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me twice...we can't get fooled again.  

[Image: ppwzcswh4v2p.jpeg] 

Hot take is like sexy pick or sexy team, dumb as hell but it caught on because some people are lazy with descriptions. I think he needs to back off on the defense. He may have hit a wall. This new era of football is not going to allow the defense to do so many things anymore, maybe it's time for fresh ideas and change. This game will get a lot about what should happen next.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Hot take is like sexy pick or sexy team, dumb as hell but it caught on because some people are lazy with descriptions. I think he needs to back off on the defense. He may have hit a wall. This new era of football is not going to allow the defense to do so many things anymore, maybe it's time for fresh ideas and change. This game will get a lot about what should happen next.
I don't know what a successful defense looks like anymore. Maybe it means holding a team to 24?

Big transition time in NFL.

Dont know how our Vikings will navigate this change. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I don't know what a successful defense looks like anymore. Maybe it means holding a team to 24?

Big transition time in NFL.

Dont know how our Vikings will navigate this change. 
No one knows. It's back to the drawing board. I think that 21 is not a reasonable or realistic magic number for points anymore either. It's got to be 31 or 38 because that is the direction the game is going. I respect Coach Zimmer and his body of work. I also respect this ability to overcome adversity. I also appreciate that he recognized that the offense needed to change and that is happening. I hope he recognizes that it's the defense's turn. Their identity has to change. 

Fer fuck sakes. We were in the championship game last year. Dont get ypur panties in a bunch

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Fer fuck sakes. We were in the championship game last year. Dont get ypur panties in a bunch
That seems a bit harsh.