Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Philadelphia and Minnesota became instant rivals
http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-ea...ant-rivals
PHILADELPHIA -- There are two working theories as to why a 1,000-pound bronze statue of a Viking was toppled off its base and into the nearby Schuylkill River early Tuesday morning in the popular Fairmount Park section of Philadelphia.

Is it really a rivalry when one team kicks the shit out of another in a NFCC game? No. What it is is a fanbase that is full of drunken dumbasses that cannot handle winning a Superbowl in a classy manner. Philly fans are the dregs of fan society. They won it all last year, kudos to a great season. But that isn't enough, they need to be flaming assholes and continue their reign as the most punchable fanbase in the NFL. 

Sad part is I expect another ass kicking tomorrow by the Eagles. Its hard to replace the fire and intensity of Everson Griffen on that D. I don't see Minnesota responding to getting punched in the mouth. 

They are awful fans. Not great people either. I know/known several people from the Philly area. Can't say I called any of them friends. Not my kind of people. I like folks less loud and rude.

The game is on Fox; what does ESPN care about their ratings? I mean, I was on the fence over watching it until I found out this is a rivalry - now it's must-see-TV!

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
They are awful fans. Not great people either. I know/known several people from the Philly area. Can't say I called any of them friends. Not my kind of people. I like folks less loud and rude.
If even YOU can't like them... then there really must be something wrong with them!

As for the rivalry: I don't think of it as a rivalry.  I just think their fans are some of the worst people on the planet.  Hatred does not equal a rivalry.  

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"suncoastvike" said:
If even YOU can't like them... then there really must be something wrong with them!

As for the rivalry: I don't think of it as a rivalry.  I just think their fans are some of the worst people on the planet.  Hatred does not equal a rivalry.  
I agree. It's not so much a rivalry as you just wish you could shut them obnoxious fan up.