Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe, Jason, & Booger
Really, this is the best they could find for what was once sacred, Monday Night Football? Joe, Jason, & Booger- sounds more like 2 kids you knew in elementary school plus the bottom of a lot of the desks!  Wink B)

Every time I hear Booger I think.
[Image: mywe34xr8nbc.jpg]

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
There is also this option.

https://twitter.com/HannahStormESPN/stat...93408?s=19
Well yes on this Thursday VG, but I’m talking about the illustrious new MNF crew!  B)

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
There is also this option.

https://twitter.com/HannahStormESPN/stat...93408?s=19
Well yes on this Thursday VG, but I’m talking about the illustrious new MNF crew!  B)
I know. I just thought I would throw that out there just cuz. Smile As far as MNF, I am not sure I would go with illustrious but yeah. 

We've come a long way to the point where Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are now just behind Al And Chris for my favorites. Literally every other crew is tolerable at best, and usually awful.

In fairness, I'll wait and see how Andrea and Hannah do calling a game but - sorry VG - hearing two middle-aged women excitedly calling a football game seems so disingenuous to me. And it's not going to draw a larger female audience, it'll just make men put Paul Allen or music on over the game.

The NFL really is just pathetic. 

EDIT: Speaking of which, if I'm out of state, where do I go to listen to NFL games in my home market (in this case, MPLS)? I know they've gotta offer an exorbitantly priced service - hopefully with a free 7 day trial - that I can sign up for tomorrow. It's not IHeartRadio right? They block NFL games...

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
We've come a long way to the point where Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are now just behind Al And Chris for my favorites. Literally every other crew is tolerable at best, and usually awful.

In fairness, I'll wait and see how Andrea and Hannah do calling a game but - sorry VG - hearing two middle-aged women excitedly calling a football game seems so disingenuous to me. And it's not going to draw a larger female audience, it'll just make men put Paul Allen or music on over the game.

The NFL really is just pathetic. 

EDIT: Speaking of which, if I'm out of state, where do I go to listen to NFL games in my home market (in this case, MPLS)? I know they've gotta offer an exorbitantly priced service - hopefully with a free 7 day trial - that I can sign up for tomorrow. It's not IHeartRadio right? They block NFL games...
I don’t know if the offer is still out there, but I got Sirius XM for my wife’s car for $50/6 months. She needed to re-up and with that package came the ability to stream the channels, NFL included, from any device.
The Sirius XM game feeds are of all the local announcers, so Vikings fans can get Allen/Bercich and of course fans of other teams get their home announcers on another channel.

Not sure if they offer up a 7 day trial or not, but you could check out their website.

Revenge of the Nerds is an absolute classic. I appreciate it even more now over time. Sixteen Candles is another great one.

I actually don't mind this crew...ask me again after the game however...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I actually don't mind this crew...ask me again after the game however...
Joe & Troy?  Wink