Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EG's struggles may explain the emotionless beatdown
Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
I feel very sad for Everson and his family, so sad in fact that I find myself really not caring about the season. I don't even think I'm going to watch the Rams game. It's not a case of being pissed off that this highly touted team is falling short of what everyone feels they are capable of anymore. It's just a real sadness and a real thought that football is just a game.
If a fan can feel like this, imagine what the team feels like. There are guys on the team who are great friends to Griff and they have to be torn up about their friend.
My son has Asperger's and a mood disorder. It's heartbreaking. There isn't a lot of understanding or patience out there for people like him or Griff, unfortunately. When you're trying to be supportive and loving of a person with mental illness it can be a lonely and stressful battle--one that never ends and nobody wins.
I am right there with you. I feel a sense of grief. I love my team but I care about them as human beings as well. Watching Everson's struggle unfold before our eyes is heartbreaking. I am not even thinking about why is this happening to our team, I am thinking about Everson's wellbeing. I wish him, his wife and kids all the best. And for those who think his teammates are going to just set this aside, that's unreasonable and unrealistic. They are people with feelings. 

This hits home because of the work I do and watching my son battle. I see it every day at home and at work. So many people are fighting this every single day. My nephew has Asperger's and I have watched him through his challenges. I have seen both ends of the spectrum. Some people are really supportive and sympathetic and others are ignorant and cruel. Whatever happens this year, it's a reminder to make every day count and treasure the time with those you love. 
And that's exactly why I wish it would not have become public. I find it really to be nobody's business other than those who are family, friends, and caregivers for these individuals. The general public doesn't need to know. I really wish it could have been a discreet situation but for a public figure there's nothing discreet in life. Meanwhile, hopefully the Vikings are providing comfort and assistance for Tiffany and the kids. I really feel for her Sad
Agreed. And I get that the team was trying to protect him and respect his privacy, but their silence fed the rumor mill. I still think they did the best they could and did the right thing. I really feel for her too. It's such a helpless feeling watching someone you love struggle. And the kids are going through it to. They may see it differently than the adults but it will still have an impact. Kids are so smart and not given enough credit for it.