Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Vikings told Griffen and his agent last Thursday not to come to the facility...
...until he got a mental health exam, was kicked out of practice. The info is flowing now about it. Suffered a 'nervous breakdown'. Vikings even called police to have them do a wellness check on Griffen's family. 

All the info here: https://kstp.com/sports/police-report-mi...085/?cat=1

Damn. Well, hopefully he can get the help and whatever meds he needs to level off and continue his career. 

So sad to hear.  they are
doing some  great things with meds these days, hopefully Griff can get well.   i really hope this is not some kind of Seau type brain injury

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Damn. Well, hopefully he can get the help and whatever meds he needs to level off and continue his career. 
Yes, but it won't be soon....and probably not this season, but I don't know that definitively.  Psychotropic drugs take awhile to kick in, sometimes weeks and then they'll have to regulate him to see what dosages work best for him. The report said he hadn't slept for awhile so I'm guessing they knocked him out so he could rest.

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
So sad to hear.  they are
doing some  great things with meds these days, hopefully Griff can get well.   i really hope this is not some kind of Seau type brain injury
Yeesh....never thought of that. God I hope not. 

Gotta just send up prayers for Griff and his family...mental illness is the devil, literally. What I feel the worst about is that now his struggles are all over the universe. He doesn't need any negative attention thrown his way right now. He needs a lot of understanding and patience as he works through this dark time. I feel so much for him and especially his wife, who is probably doing her very best to keep the family afloat through all of this.

My thoughts and prayers to Everson and his family. Sending positive and healing vibes. Love and light. Stay strong and keep fighting. Have faith and believe that you will come through to the other side.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
Gotta just send up prayers for Griff and his family...mental illness is the devil, literally. What I feel the worst about is that now his struggles are all over the universe. He doesn't need any negative attention thrown his way right now. He needs a lot of understanding and patience as he works through this dark time. I feel so much for him and especially his wife, who is probably doing her very best to keep the family afloat through all of this.
Amen to that.  Hopefully she just stays completely away from the media through all this.  Prayers for Griff and his family.  Get him the help he needs.

The best news of the day so far:

Griffen was taken to the hospital per his request, the report states. 

I have zero doubt the Vikings will ensure he gets the very best care...

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:
At least almost everyone is reacting to this with the same emotions we reacted to the news of Udeze in 2008. A very small sliver of silver in an otherwise very dark cloud.