Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Tiger Woods
Great to see him come all the way back and win again. I didn't watch the afternoon NFL games like I usually do because of the taste that colossal shit show in Minneapolis left, but that was a different Tiger I saw. He's changed. He's been humbled. He's nicer, more recognizing of his fans when he plays. He went from wondering how he'd ever walk without pain to winning a major tournament again and finishing 2nd in the FedEx Cup standings. Unbelievable really if you know golf. He's older and balding now, completely mortal. He was highly emotional on the last hole when he nailed the green. The fans went CRAZY. 

You know, Tiger was an asshole 10 years ago, he really was. Arrogant. Life's beatdowns, self inflicted, can really change a person. He had it all and really lost it on several levels. But he's worked extremely hard against high odds to be back. You could sense he was extremely grateful to those that helped him make it back and the fans, too, that have supported him and were ecstatic to see him win again. It can't be measured how big this is for the game of golf. Tiger will make the Ryder Cup team now and ratings will be thru the roof, as much as golf ratings can. 

Be nice to see him eventually go out strong vs the whimper it looked to be. 

Sticky, Im glad you mentioned the past. Im a younger guy and the media and basically everyone else put this guy above all else, but I never liked him from that asshole vibe. Im glad that he appears more humble, but Ill be honest that Im dissapointed he won. He was a seriel cheater on his wife amd that sucks. I dont want him to have the tournament wins record. Media is back at all their ways that frustrated me before. Right on SNF, they quickly glanced over Rose winning the actual playoff cup championship by saying something like - But more importantly Tiger won the tour championship tournament. Ummm, Im pretty sure they played the series of tournaments to find out who the playoff champion would be. Any other year that would be the bigger headline. Never has the $10 million prize been so quietly poo-pooed.

Sorry, end of rant.

Quote: @"SkolVikings44" said:
Sticky, Im glad you mentioned the past. Im a younger guy and the media and basically everyone else put this guy above all else, but I never liked him from that asshole vibe. Im glad that he appears more humble, but Ill be honest that Im dissapointed he won. He was a seriel cheater on his wife amd that sucks. I dont want him to have the tournament wins record. Media is back at all their ways that frustrated me before. Right on SNF, they quickly glanced over Rose winning the actual playoff cup championship by saying something like - But more importantly Tiger won the tour championship tournament. Ummm, Im pretty sure they played the series of tournaments to find out who the playoff champion would be. Any other year that would be the bigger headline. Never has the $10 million prize been so quietly poo-pooed.

Sorry, end of rant.
I hear you, I really do. Keep in mind as a younger guy, that you might not understand that when you are the captain of your own personal destruction, as Tiger was, that a lot of learning and self awareness can happen during that time. When things are taken away from you and you've hit the bottom, you either let it destroy you or work like crazy to make up for past mistakes. He needed to be humbled and he definitely was.  I've never seen Tiger more contrite and grateful in any event in his life....in a genuine way. I don't think that even in his dreams he thought he'd be back to winning tournaments and being able to thank people for their help on the long road back. 

Some people deserve a second chance. I think many people are rooting for Tiger in his inner circle that are good people....and that probably means he's a changed man. 

Love Tiger. Brightened up an otherwise horrible Sunday sports day.