Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mafia
One of the best things about the Mafia was the fact the Outfit would not allow one person to be bigger than the organization. When an individual did  start believing they were bigger than the organization, the boys simply remove that person and the organization went on.

The NFL has allowed certain people who have come to believe that they are bigger than the organization and have changed the rules to favor them them instead of the entire organization.

Even though I do not like the Packers, the flag against Clay Matthews today was the finale bad call that could bring the NFL to a stand still. Alienating the fan base where the profit comes from is not a good way to do business.   The NFL changing the game for a few players, Tami in New England, Erin in Green Bay, Drew in New Orleans, Drew goes both ways, that will soon be gone, but what they did to change the game will remain with us the fans, is sad.

Maybe King Bash is right. Maybe it's time to retire from the NFL. If you cannot hit a person in the game of football, what is the sense of even playing the game?

Ok so why are you using feminine names for Rodgers and Brady? That's really weak and pathetic and takes away from the point. 

Rodgers, Matthews and McCarthy whined like crazy after Rodgers got that clean hit by Barr last year and this is the result. That's on them. I don't expect to see the league to make any changes.

I hate that they are ruining the defensive side of the game. I hate the hypocrisy of player safety. That's not it at all. Offensive players can lead with their helmets and not get called. These roughing the passer penalties are another example of babying quarterbacks to the detriment of the game. I think that they will put flags on them soon. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I hate the hypocrisy of player safety. That's not it at all.
And defense can tackle a WR and land on them with their weight with impunity.  Why is it only QBs that get protected from that? If it truly were about safety, it would be illegal for all tackles.

Quote: @Scoog said:
@Vikergirl said:
I hate the hypocrisy of player safety. That's not it at all.
And defense can tackle a WR and land on them with their weight with impunity.  Why is it only QBs that get protected from that? If it truly were about safety, it would be illegal for all tackles.
That is definitely a good point. They have the defenseless player rule but nothing about landing with their full weight when it comes to receivers. Maybe that's coming next.