Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlson & Treadwell needs to be gone!
Quote: @"Cricket" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
What I dont understand is why they didn’t try to score a TD instead of settling for the filed goal try.  Everyone knew his was going to miss.
Zimmer said he was told if they get the ball to the center, he (Carlson) would make it. So, the guys got it dead center....... but he still missed.  Confused 
It was almost an extra point. :\

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Cricket" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
What I dont understand is why they didn’t try to score a TD instead of settling for the filed goal try.  Everyone knew his was going to miss.
Zimmer said he was told if they get the ball to the center, he (Carlson) would make it. So, the guys got it dead center....... but he still missed.  Confused 
I wonder who told him that because they were wrong. It was absolutely brutal. It's totally in his head and impacting him on the field.
Probably Priefer who I am less impressed with every week.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Cricket" said:
@"Purplewhizz" said:
I wonder who told him that because they were wrong. It was absolutely brutal. It's totally in his head and impacting him on the field.
I'm not sure who told him that. IIR, he said it was mic'd to him. He said he wasn't concerned about a miss, since they put the ball where Carlson wanted it.

#NFL Kickers to keep an eye on to get tryouts this week 

Dan Bailey
-Ross Martin
-Greg Joseph
-Marshall Koehn
-Giorgio Tavecchio

Hell, an ancient Fred Cox with dementia could do a lot better job.

What concerned me wasn't just that Carlson missed 3 FGs, but he wasn't even close on any of them. Maybe it's positive that they were all wide to the right, but I believe that was his issue in the preseason too and he should have had time to adjust for those mistakes. I don't care if you can kick from 70, if you are unable to handle the pressure.

But Treadwell looked like he might be a great volleyball player - he was obviously trying to set the ball for Clinton-Diz to spike it!