Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to Derek Carr??
Wow, talk about falling from grace last year and now a horrible start to this year. Starting to look like his brother. 

OL went from being great to average. This is what the pro Teddy people knew in the Teddy vs Carr debate. 

Equal OL and Teddy would have been a premier QB in this league. Carr, he is falling apart

Quote: @Skodin said:
OL went from being great to average. This is what the pro Teddy people knew in the Teddy vs Carr debate. 

Equal OL and Teddy would have been a premier QB in this league. Carr, he is falling apart
Don't know if Teddy can be a 'premier' QB in the league, but a good line helps significantly. The Vikings need to have their line improve and I think it will when Elflein returns.

Carr will bounce back.  Bad game is all.  One game.  Lets not overreact.

Quote: @twgerber said:
Carr will bounce back.  Bad game is all.  One game.  Lets not overreact.
Agreed mostly, but he had a subpar year last year. But I hear you about it being one game. 

It's not one game.  I followed Carr closely at Fresno State and his games in Oakland.  He's always, always been like this.  Seriously you can look at any of his losses and in nearly every game you'll see a back-breaking INT that comes at the worst time.  He has a million dollar arm but his decision-making under pressure is awful, heck sometimes his decision making is awful when he's not under pressure.  Normally he doesn't throw this many INT's, and on paper his stats say he doesn't throw a ton of INT's over the course of a year, but it's when he throws them they are usually nail in the coffin type mistakes in close games.  And often times they aren't just INT's, they are INT's that lead to pick 6s or that take points off the board in scoring range.  

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
It's not one game.  I followed Carr closely at Fresno State and his games in Oakland.  He's always, always been like this.  Seriously you can look at any of his losses and in nearly every game you'll see a back-breaking INT that comes at the worst time.  He has a million dollar arm but his decision-making under pressure is awful, heck sometimes his decision making is awful when he's not under pressure.  Normally he doesn't throw this many INT's, and on paper his stats say he doesn't throw a ton of INT's over the course of a year, but it's when he throws them they are usually nail in the coffin type mistakes in close games.  And often times they aren't just INT's, they are INT's that lead to pick 6s or that take points off the board in scoring range.  
Agree and I also have tracked him since college.  In college he collapsed in every big game against good teams.  He has a big arm but yet isn't very accurate and his YPA was below average in college and now in the Pro's - which would be surprising to many who only see/watch the long TD throws.  He puts up a lot of 50/50 long balls.  I had Bortles, then Teddy, then Mayfield ranked above Carr coming out and a distant 4th at that.  Like I had Josh Allen a distant 4th this draft.  Big arm, not great decision-making.

Anyway, Gruden is now trying to CYA on the Mack deal.  In a very short time Gruden seems like an idiot who should have stayed away from coaching.  He is a caricature and good choice for marketing when they get to Vegas but not if he delivers a shit-show before then.

Lastly, It has only been less then two years ago their was a frequent poster on here (I will not name Smile who would just pound on Spelly with childish names and go on and on about how Reggie McKenzie and the Raiders are doing everything right in building that team.  Crickets since then!

I thought his brother got destroyed by playing on a team that wouldn't get him any protection. David got his @ss handed to him too many times till it broke him. Least I tried to give him the benefit of doubt. Then I thought Derek had the pieces in place maybe he would salvage the family name. Now I think they are just cursed. Or just not that good and over promoted. For all the talk of Gruden being some QB whisperer/guru he I doubt will be the one to fix him. The only QB's Gruden ever had success with were to old to listen to his BS. That was why he ran off Brad Johnson. Then tried building a couple different young ones from scratch. With zero success there.
edit: for the record I'm not saying Derek can't fix this. Just Chuckster is not the guy who can do it.

I don’t know, but a couple of more starts like that, & Chucky will blow several gaskets!  B)

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Wow, talk about falling from grace last year and now a horrible start to this year. Starting to look like his brother. 
I was flipping between channels and caught the bonehead interception and immediately thought he must be getting tips from his brother.