Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Sign G Bryan Witzmann, Place Aviante Collins on IR
Dittos, thanks FSU.  Example review of our newest Viking player.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Sounds like Compton is the kids floor with some ceiling room. Not bad for a depth signing.

Jones backed by Witzmann, Remmers backed by Izzy. Compton for emergency use only? That's what I'm hoping when Elf returns.
That sounds good, but where's our depth at tackle? 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
Sounds like Compton is the kids floor with some ceiling room. Not bad for a depth signing.

Jones backed by Witzmann, Remmers backed by Izzy. Compton for emergency use only? That's what I'm hoping when Elf returns.
gulp, Storm Norton is on the practice squad...  :o 

@"FSUVike" said:

Remmers and O'Neill are RT depth if Hill has to move to LT. Sure beats fatso from Cincinnati,.Sirles and Clemmings.

Hard to replace a swing Tackle in-season. I wonder if one of the Guards will get some reps there.

Sounds like a decent player

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

gulp, Storm Norton is on the practice squad...  :o 
Storm Norton has some nice upside. He was terrific in the Gulf War.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

Remmers and O'Neill are RT depth if Hill has to move to LT. Sure beats fatso from Cincinnati,.Sirles and Clemmings.

Hard to replace a swing Tackle in-season. I wonder if one of the Guards will get some reps there.
Ah yeah...forgot about Remmers. If Reiff went down, Hill would likely move over and Remmers would play RT. Then the inside is fairly deep with Elf, Jones, Izzy, Compton and Witz. 

@"FSUVike" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

Ah yeah...forgot about Remmers. If Reiff went down, Hill would likely move over and Remmers would play RT. Then the inside is fairly deep with Elf, Jones, Izzy, Compton and Witz. 
I actually think they can cut Compton loose once Witz is up to speed.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"FSUVike" said:

I would be ticked to have Sirles back in the mix.  His versatility was pretty impressive... and when. He was able to practice a spot for a bit he was serviceable. 

I'll say this as someone who lives in KC: he never stood out at all last year. Which is a good thing as Guards usually only get mentioned when they screw up
Damn right.O line throughout our family, played, coached....NOT calling your number / name is a high point.