Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad GM’ing part Duce?
Mack to the Bears for two firsts. First of all who wins in this trade?  The bears have a very expensive player as well as giving up essentialy 1 1st the other in a sense is Mack himself. 

But onto the real point of the thread. 

If Mack is worth 2 1sts. What are some of our stars worth and would you trade any of them?

Rhoades 1st x 2??
Smith. 1st x2??
Griffen 1st and a 2nd?
Barr 1st and a 2nd??
Waynes 2nd x2??
Alexander 3rd?
Sendjo 4th?

Am I high or low on valuation guesses?  Would you make a deal on any of these guys?  They could also be used as a player for player?

Mack's don't come around that often. I've heard the word hubris bandied about this morning regarding Oakland thinking they can find a replacement for him using one or both picks and I agree.

Look at how many overall 1s have been used on pass rushers that never became actual game changers.

On the flip side, I get that Oakland didn't want to pay Mack that kind of money. As addicted to splashy FA signings as they are, and with a spotty draft record, they need financial flexibility that making Mack the highest paid Defender ever would not have allowed.

This is where you have to give Rick credit. He hasn't had to be overly reliant on Free Agents. And he and Brez haven't had to break the bank on any single draftee no matter how well they've performed.

So I'm torn on your question. Rick has a good draft record. And that's cheap, controllable talent. But it's still a crapshoot  no matter how good you are at evaluating very young men.

I won't speak to relative draft pick values. My preference would be a straight up player for player trade. Give me proven production over prognostication every time.

At least it was not  two the packers