Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Bars/Eateries within 6-7 blocks of US Bank Stadium
Planning on going to some game this year, but my wife and I love to hit a sports bar right after the game to catch the afternoon action and eat something. What are the recommendations as you leave US Bank and head back towards downtown? Specifically back toward Hennepin Ave around the AC Hotel Minneapolis? We're walkers, so if its 7-8 blocks, no biggie.

Bar Zia on 4th St was fun last year. 2 or 3 blocks in the right direction. It had a small outside seating area if its nice. 

The Crooked Pint is always a fun time.

I'm always willing to walk 10+ blocks to the game. It's the post-game walk that always gets me... that garbage needs to be about 3 blocks. MAX.

Sticky - I know you're looking for postgame spots but let me tell you - pregame go eat at The Hen House.  It's on the way to your location about a block from Nicollet Mall, I think it's 8th and Marquette.  When I flew to Mpls for the Saints game I had brunch there 2 days in a row and it was outstanding.  Game day it is packed with Vikes fans, good drinks, great fresh local food, reasonable prices.  It's not really a sports bar, more of a kickass breakfast/brunch joint but that's where we went before kickoff.  I assume you'll eat somewhere before the game, if so this is the spot.