Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your ONE surprise made the team guy?
Mine is Holton Hill...

Won't make it through waivers, too much upside.

Beebe. I hope  that both he and Hill make the team.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Mine is Holton Hill...

Won't make it through waivers, too much upside.
Agree and he looked good on special teams as well.  

Beebe

Beebe and Hill both need to make the team. 

Rhodes should be far enough along to be the senior guy in the CB room,  and Iloka and Smith certainly have the knowledge and experience to lead the S/DB combined.  Newmans biggest attribute was his leaderhsip and knowledge of the game,  he can still bring those things as a position coach,  but his skills have shown enough decline that he would be a liablility in coverage,  not Sherels like liability,  but still a pretty noticable decline from the the top 4 of Rhodes, Waynes, Hughes, and Alexander.

Beebe and Hill make Newman and Sherels cut-able. 

Holton Hill needs a lot of work yet and thats becoming evident....the practice squad is probably the best place for him. But he'll get snatched off of it quickly and I think the Vikings know it. Somebody will find a roster spot for a big, tall corner with speed to develop. So its probably all or nothing for Minnesota and Hill, I'll be curious to see what happens. If he's not on the roster, then they've weighed the option and decided to move forward without him. It might come down to Hill or a DL young talent to keep.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Holton Hill needs a lot of work yet and thats becoming evident....the practice squad is probably the best place for him. But he'll get snatched off of it quickly and I think the Vikings know it. Somebody will find a roster spot for a big, tall corner with speed to develop. So its probably all or nothing for Minnesota and Hill, I'll be curious to see what happens. If he's not on the roster, then they've weighed the option and decided to move forward without him. It might come down to Hill or a DL young talent to keep.
I think if he ends up in the game he gets targeted... no doubt about it,  but the alternative is Sherels and or Newman,  both of whom would also get targeted vs Rhodes/Waynes,  so IMO there is no on field down side to keeping him in place of the 2 other vets.  They have their pluses,  but IMO not great enough to keep them on the roster, especially with Sherels having pulled his hammy the other night,  those dont just heal quickly typically and often can linger all season if pressed into service.

Kirk Cousins