Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else think Sloter was over LOS?
my favorite part of that play... the fact that the kid was out of the pocket,  needing to make a first down,  had a little room to run to try and get it... and still had his eyes downfield trying to make a football play.   you cant teach that kind of moxie.

the fact it wasnt reviewed shoukd show us he wasnt. i worried about it realtime, but when they showed replay, i knew we were ok. 

Sweet almost 30 yard fastball right in the breadbasket while roving to his left. Tough throw. 

He was over the line for sure. 

Uhh hello, is this thing on?   Wink

Here is the rule regarding the QB and the line of scrimmage:
A forward pass is illegal if: a. It is thrown by a Team A player whose entire body is beyond the neutral zone when he releases the ball. In both cases, the passer's entire body must be beyond the line of scrimmage (NFL) or neutral zone (NCAA).

Sloter’s entire body was clearly not past the LOS by the time he released the ball, as can be seen in the screenshots above.  Smile 

Mike....here is the part of the rule most people don't get. Yes it looked like he went too far....but the rule is "entire body is beyond the neutral zone when he releases the ball."  Part of his body was behind the line, so he wasn't over the line for sure.....

Understanding the rules of football are really hard for some people......Smile 

Quote: @JoDakota said:
Understanding the rules of football are really hard for some people......Smile 
They kinda take the fun out of learning them when they change them all the time. Sometimes it seems even during the game. 
I didn't know how this rule was called but thought the arm was throwing it before his front leg touch ground over the line. See by my rule he was ok. Apparently even by the "official" rule.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
my favorite part of that play... the fact that the kid was out of the pocket,  needing to make a first down,  had a little room to run to try and get it... and still had his eyes downfield trying to make a football play.   you cant teach that kind of moxie.
...plus, this was 4th down play and it came right after a big sack.