Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington signs AP
AD must not have received a lot of interest if he was willing to sign for the league minimum (1 year/$1 million).  I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from his last few years here, but I wouldn't mind seeing him go out with some success this year and move into the top 10.

Crazy how fast the drop off can be in the NFL.  Last offseason, he thought he was worth all of the $18 million he was scheduled to make in 2017 before the Vikings released him.  This year, he's signing for about 5% of that much.

I do really enjoy the fact that he is still counting dead money against the Saints cap for this year though.   Smile

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
AD must not have received a lot of interest if he was willing to sign for the league minimum (1 year/$1 million).  I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from his last few years here, but I wouldn't mind seeing him go out with some success this year and move into the top 10.

Crazy how fast the drop off can be in the NFL.  Last offseason, he thought he was worth all of the $18 million he was scheduled to make in 2017 before the Vikings released him.  This year, he's signing for about 5% of that much.

I do really enjoy the fact that he is still counting dead money against the Saints cap for this year though.   Smile
He might have gotten passed his pride and recognized that he isn't going to get a big payday to play. It seems like a reality check occurred for him. 

Father Time is still the only undefeated champion of all time.  I wish AP well and hope he gets whatever yards and TDs he needs to push into the Top 10 and higher!