Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn In An OL Stopgap?
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it's "still very much up in the air" whether the Raiders will work out a contract resolution with LT Donald Penn or release or trade him.
Penn remains on the shelf healing from foot surgery. He signed a two-year, $21 million extension last September and carries an $8.38 million-plus cap hit for this season. RapSheet mentions the Raiders could try to trade Penn if he isn't on board with some sort of contract tweak. Penn is now 35 but remained an effective left tackle last year and doesn't have an exorbitant cap number for his position. If Oakland made him available, they could likely find some takers.

im game for some help

Don't tell Jared Allen

OT isn't our problem....our two starting guards are. Sigh. And Easton could be serious.

How are the Vikings going to sign any vet from another team when they're supposedly trying to figure out how to get money to keep Barr?  Sounds like they're stuck with what they currently have, unless they make a trade.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
How are the Vikings going to sign any vet from another team when they're supposedly trying to figure out how to get money to keep Barr?  Sounds like they're stuck with what they currently have, unless they make a trade.

I read somewhere the Vikings are around 10 million under the salary cap presently and Penn wants 8 million a year.  Not happening any time soon.

Its being reported Easton is done for the year. Same shit, different year. 

Neck surgery?  I'd color that done for the year.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
OT isn't our problem....our two starting guards are. Sigh. And Easton could be serious.
I trust Remmers at RG more than I trust anyone else on the roster at RT, but I still think we can have Remmers at either spot depending on who steps up.