Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great read on Mike Harris...
Brain ailment knocks former Vikings lineman Mike Harris out of NFL but into a coaching career

http://www.startribune.com/brain-ailment...490116501/

Glad to hear he was able to get the procedure he needed and seems to be finding a path and happiness post NFL. 

Like Harris, I was diagnosed with an AVM. Mine was about 12 years ago. I ended-up having it surgically obliterated @ The Mayo Clinic. That is truly one amazing place. Forever grateful to them.

It's fantastic to hear he is doing well and moving forward. Good for him. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Glad to hear he was able to get the procedure he needed and seems to be finding a path and happiness post NFL. 

Like Harris, I was diagnosed with an AVM. Mine was about 12 years ago. I ended-up having it surgically obliterated @ The Mayo Clinic. That is truly one amazing place. Forever grateful to them.
Wish the best for Mike Harris with his health and new career!

I can relate well to the AVM issue.  Mine was diagnosed in a routine screen for another potential issue.  Thus far I have not had any neurological symptoms and will have mine surgically fixed on Sept 26th.

great read on Mike,  wish him nothing but the best with the rest of his life.

but what are the odds that 2 of the first 3 people to respond to this story on a relatively obscure web site have had this same "rare" medical issue that affects less than 1% of the population?  thats crazy.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
great read on Mike,  wish him nothing but the best with the rest of his life.

but what are the odds that 2 of the first 3 people to respond to this story on a relatively obscure web site have had this same "rare" medical issue that affects less than 1% of the population?  thats crazy.
I thought the same after reading it...Good Luck IDVikingfan. 

Thanks Purple!  Yes, strange coincidence...

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Wish the best for Mike Harris with his health and new career!

I can relate well to the AVM issue.  Mine was diagnosed in a routine screen for another potential issue.  Thus far I have not had any neurological symptoms and will have mine surgically fixed on Sept 26th.
Sending positive and healing vibes your way. Be well and take care of you. 

Thanks VikerGirl!  You're excellent encourager!