Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laquon Treadwell 2018 Minnesota Vikings Training Camp Interview
Gotta chime in and agree. Every part of his game looks better. His routes are sharper, he gets separation, he goes up and fights for the ball more. He is putting in the hours and has at least in TC shown he can be a feature receiver if he keeps it up. He very literally elevated his game compared to last year.

He must have figured out that not only is a contract year and he could be out of job, but there is some talent pushing him for #4 spot.  

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
He must have figured out that not only is a contract year and he could be out of job, but there is some talent pushing him for #4 spot.  
I think Quon put a lot of pressure on himself as a rookie and 2nd year player and was getting the same from the wrong people.

He recently said he dropped some people in his circle of friends, family, advisors and he's feeling better heading into this season mentally.

In this interview, he says that he's feeling more comfortable with route running and all the little things you need to be successful in the NFL.  He said he didn't come into the league with a good grasp on all that, but it's something he's really focused on.

Sometimes it takes guys a year or two (or more) to get the mental side down so their physical talent can shine.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Poiple" said:
I think Quon put a lot of pressure on himself as a rookie and 2nd year player and was getting the same from the wrong people.

He recently said he dropped some people in his circle of friends, family, advisors and he's feeling better heading into this season mentally.

In this interview, he says that he's feeling more comfortable with route running and all the little things you need to be successful in the NFL.  He said he didn't come into the league with a good grasp on all that, but it's something he's really focused on.

Sometimes it takes guys a year or two (or more) to get the mental side down so their physical talent can shine.
I am sure it will also help him to have a QB that spreads the wealth.  keenum did a good job last year,  but he relied primarily on 3 targets and rarely gave Treadwell a look regardless of if he was open or not.  a more open approach to the passing game will help all and should make the O much more productive.

If Tready puts up great numbers he still wont be retained.  He'll get better money somewhere else with us already paying Diggs and Thielen.  I'd say he realizes he's got to make something happen if he wants to be in the league next year. 

Hoping for some big stuff from LaQuon this year. I really think he could be a nasty red zone target and we have a QB that likes to spread the ball around. He should be able to muscle balls away from anybody and there's no reason he couldn't be a move the chains guy. I see him going up against the best we got in practice (XR) and he's won some of those battles. You can't get any more great practice competition than being lined up against #29.

Trade him for a guard.