Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the most elite positional personnel among the Vikings?
WR's
LB's
DL
S/DB

I see starters and depth as two different rankings...

Starters:
1. DL--the addition of Richardson puts the DL above the WRs. 
2. WR--Diggs and Thielen are either best or 2nd best in the NFL. It's the 3rd receiver that is often a starter that takes it below the DL. 
3. DB--Pretty remarkable that a unit with Rhodes, Smith and Waynes is 3rd best on the team. But Sendejo is just average
4. LB--Nickel package is top notch, but Gedeon is average

Depth:
1. DB--There were years when I would've been pretty happy with our current 3rd and 4th CBs as starters
2. DL--The upside of players like Jaleel Johnson, David Parry, Bower, Holmes, et al is exciting
3. WR--Treadwell, Wright, King, Coley, Robertson. Not bad
4. LB--Maybe the thinnest group on the team actually. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Starters:
2. WR--Diggs and Thielen are either best or 2nd best in the NFL. It's the 3rd receiver that is often a starter that takes it below the DL. 
3. DB--Pretty remarkable that a unit with Rhodes, Smith and Waynes is 3rd best on the team. But Sendejo is just average

Depth:
1. DB--There were years when I would've been pretty happy with our current 3rd and 4th CBs as starters
2. DL--The upside of players like Jaleel Johnson, David Parry, Bower, Holmes, et al is exciting

That's a fair way to think about it...

I'll just put my own out there re: starters:

1). DL - ever so close over DB and it's the promise of SR in this scheme, with these line mates that does it for me 
2). DB - 3 of the 4 starters I have bromances over - even Waynes now lol!
3). WR - the 3rd WR brings this group down, way down. Get er done with Diggs please. 
4). LB - Agree, love the nickel package. 

Try the kicking game.

Quote: @vikingknights said:
Try the kicking game.
Without a premiere long-snapper it's all moot.  Even Garo Yepremian would have been forgettable, sans an above average LS.  McDermott is second tier, at this point in his career, and Morgan is an emergency fill in.  Unless the Wilfs wanna put out some big bucks and Spielman grows a pair,this team will have to take a different approach to insure a SB title.

[Image: j2yhe1943zhu.jpg]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Starters:

Depth:

Tough choices and good insight.

Based on starters and overall depth, I go with

1. DBs.  3 elite starters and some young quality depth.
2. DL.  Lack of depth brings it down, but we have studs across the board at starters.