Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What % of snaps do you think EG played in 2016 & 2017?
85.9 and 85.8.  Not sure how that compares to other starting DE's, but it strikes me as a lot. 

Healthy or not, Vikings seek to reduce DE Everson Griffen’s number of snaps

This is all DL not just DE's:
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Griffen and Hunter are around #10 in terms of Def Snap %, and #20 in terms of Def Snaps.

I don't think it's a ridiculous number of snaps compared to other elite guys, but I think you definitely have to manage his work load given his foot, because he's going to go full effort on whatever snaps you give him even if it's a detriment to his own health, and I think it just makes sense to have a strong rotation, because if someone gets injured than you have more trust in the backups because of their experience.

I think he will be more effective late in the year if they can preserve him a bit earlier in the year.

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
I think he will be more effective late in the year if they can preserve him a bit earlier in the year.
well he sure as hell shouldnt be on the field late in games that are in hand.... and should be seeing more of a rotation anyway as we need to see these younger guys develop in order to keep the roster fresh and to have more experience when we need it.

Just read that Weatherly has looked very good in camp thus far. Take it with a grain, I guess, until the season starts but he's ready for more playing time. 

Anytime EG can take a few snaps off, the better and more effective he'll be. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Just read that Weatherly has looked very good in camp thus far. Take it with a grain, I guess, until the season starts but he's ready for more playing time. 

Anytime EG can take a few snaps off, the better and more effective he'll be. 
Until his % goes down and then somebody wants him to take a pay cut to stay with the team.