Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets reportedly "thrilled" by what they've seen from Bridgewater
Quote: @RS Express said:
Teddy's basically in competition for McCown to be week 1 starter, because the Jets aren't going to want Darnold out there after coming in late to TC.  If Teddy's knee is 100% and he is psychologically confident in it (2 big ifs), he should wipe the field with McCown.
This sounds like 2 built in excuses, for when Ted is not wiping a field near NY.

"If Teddy's knee is 100% and he is psychologically confident"

https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/jets_training_camp_qb_report_card_how_are_sam_darn.html

Teddy C- grade so far.
ANALYSIS: If he doesn't start performing better on a consistent basis, he will not only have no shot to win the Jets' starting quarterback job, but the Jets also won't be able to get anything for him in a trade. Long way to go still, obviously. 

Quote:https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/jets_training_camp_qb_report_card_how_are_sam_darn.html

136 reps (all with backups), 43-of-64 passing (67.2 percent), three touchdowns, zero interceptions

BRIDGEWATER'S HIGHLIGHTS
He ended back-to-back practices with pretty fade-route touchdowns to the back corner of the end zone. Really nice passes and catches both times. Bridgewater also continues to look good moving around on his surgically repaired knee. Remember, this is four straight practices for him — a reasonably heavy workload. How will he handle coming back for Wednesday's practice? 

BRIDGEWATER'S LOWLIGHTS
He just hasn't looked very sharp on a lot of his passes. Too many really errant passes. He had an interception in a 7-on-7 period, but that doesn't count in our stats, which include only team periods action. His completion percentage is fairly high, based on a lot of short passes. 

----------------------------------

(Arg. I can't get the cursor down below this Quote box.) It seems to smell like the Teddy we all knew, I dunno. 67.2 percent completion percentage, short throws. With Darnold and McCown, I'd guess fans would rather see the ball pushed down the field than dink and dunk.

Quote: @kmillard said:

https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2018/08/jets_training_camp_qb_report_card_how_are_sam_darn.html

Teddy C- grade so far.
ANALYSIS: If he doesn't start performing better on a consistent basis, he will not only have no shot to win the Jets' starting quarterback job, but the Jets also won't be able to get anything for him in a trade. Long way to go still, obviously. 

I think this article is wrong.   Teddy has been playing with the #1's some.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@StickyBun said:
@kahsmick said:
Teddy gets traded to Miami. Fearless prediction.  Gets a heroes welcome home.
Its going to take an injury I think for him to get traded. The league is surprisingly set at the position this year, with either an established starter or a rookie heir apparent. 
I was thinking last night of where Teddy could go, and it wasnt readily apparent to me. I thought So Beach too, but then Miami and Jets are same division. Highly unlikely of a trade between the 2. Going to have to be an injury situation...

I sure hope the tale of Teddy in the NFL ends-up more then him holding a clip-board for years. The only good news in this is he's making some decent enough $$$ 
At the bold...
I have been thinking about where he would end up since he left MN (if back 100%). Two places keep coming up my mind.. Miami and New England

[Image: qsoY803b_bigger.jpg]Rotoworld Football‏Verified account @Rotoworld_FB
FollowingFollowing @Rotoworld_FB
More
McCown 'best quarterback in training camp'
1:53 PM - 7 Aug 2018

....as I knew he would be. McCown isn't hot dog shit. I also noticed on some Jets camp video today that Teddy is wearing a long leg brace still. Not sure how that inspires any confidence.