Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I support a repeal...
As long as the replacement is better for the people than what we have today...

Wont applaud, celebrate or support a repeal alone.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
As long as the replacement is better for the people than what we have today...

Wont applaud, celebrate or support a repeal alone.
I agree,  the current system is shit,  but if they dont have anything better than shit ready to go, leave it the F**K alone until somebody comes up with a better plan.  change for the sake of change is about as stupid a reason as anybody could come up with and often has horrible results.

I support a repeal.  Period.

The government versions look out for the lobbyists, not the voters.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
there has been some good to come from the ACA,  I have always thought it was bull shit that some people simply could not get insurance.  I have a customer that had cancer as a toddler,  has been cancer free his whole life ( in his 60s now) and has never been able to get insurance due to his childhood illness.  He even asked if he could sign a waiver so that he could be insured for everything but cancer and was declined.  thats bull shit.   he owns his own business and pays insurance for his employees but cant get coverage for himself?  F that.  The system was broke,  they tried to fix it, and they failed miserably,  but it did address some short comings of the old system even if they screwed everything else up in the process.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
there has been some good to come from the ACA,  I have always thought it was bull shit that some people simply could not get insurance.  I have a customer that had cancer as a toddler,  has been cancer free his whole life ( in his 60s now) and has never been able to get insurance due to his childhood illness.  He even asked if he could sign a waiver so that he could be insured for everything but cancer and was declined.  thats bull shit.   he owns his own business and pays insurance for his employees but cant get coverage for himself?  F that.  The system was broke,  they tried to fix it, and they failed miserably,  but it did address some short comings of the old system even if they screwed everything else up in the process.
That was the bait on the huge hook.  The only thing it solved was some gaps in profit opportunities for large insurance carriers.  It was written by big insurance, for big insurance and is enforced by big insurance.  Wonder who it looks out for?

The system is broken.  No doubt.  From the medical industrial complex, to big pharm, to insurance companies.  What we didn't need was adding the government oversight and saddling the taxpayers with paying for those 3.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
That was the bait on the huge hook.  The only thing it solved was some gaps in profit opportunities for large insurance carriers.  It was written by big insurance, for big insurance and is enforced by big insurance.  Wonder who it looks out for?

The system is broken.  No doubt.  From the medical industrial complex, to big pharm, to insurance companies.  What we didn't need was adding the government oversight and saddling the taxpayers with paying for those 3.
oh I agree that it was one huge donkey fuck,  but it did benefit a few hard working Americans... even if its making health care UNaffordable for the rest of us.

The biggest problem seems to be to get both sides in a room minus the lobbyists. Then come up with something that works for the people and probably should make both sides a little unhappy...it's called compromise.

Want this fixed?  Take away all health bennies from Congress and put them on the same shit that's offered us.  Fuck them, they are not better than us.  We need to stop acting like they are.  Elected officials are biggest tit suckers of them all.  What's in it for me is the first thing out of their mouths(or thought in their head) when discussing something.  Fuck that.  Claim to be Capitalist but want the make health care a monopoly...  "skin the game" is heard often when talking about this,,, well none of these "lawmakers" have that.    I've never seen a bigger bunch of hypocrites...  where is that wall butting emoji...