Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 camp preview: Will the Vikings defensive line reignite its pass rush?
Top question 
Are Richardson’s addition and Griffen’s health enough to reignite the Vikings’ pass rush into one of the league’s best? They fielded 2017’s second-ranked pass defense, but need more from a pass rush that produced 37 sacks (t-17th). Specifically, they need more from an interior that had just 6.5 of those sacks. Griffen sat out spring practices as a precaution, rehabbing an undisclosed lower-body injury that’s different from the torn plantar fascia that derailed his All-Pro level start to last season. Can he stay healthy? Will Richardson be the stabilizing force the Vikings sought?
“[The Jets] got to come see me. That’s it. Seattle too. They got to come see me,” Richardson said when asked about playing his former teams this season. “That’s it. No more than that, but we got our whole schedule. Got to get through OTAs. Got to learn the playbook. Got to accustomed to my teammates that I’m with now. I’m glad to be here.”
Sounds motivated, so we’ll see.
http://www.startribune.com/2018-camp-pre...488098611/

He should be motivated: he's ready to prove teams wrong and he's on a talented defense that holds themselves accountable.