Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Started A Home Improvement Project This Weekend And I Went To Home Depot Only Once
Said no one ever.

Ha!  Yeah, I'm in the process of finishing our basement and it's impossible to make one trip.

For example...  Ordered some solid finished doors and a bi-fold door...  Picked them up from the warehouse...  3 were good and one had some damage.  Luckily saw it before we left.  Ordered a new one while we were there and left.

Get home...  The bi-fold door was the wrong size from what we ordered.  Had to order it again online and take the wrong one back.

A week later, the damaged door was in...  Picked it up, looked good.  Great.  Got all the doors for the rooms.  One would hope the bi-fold would show up the same day as this one (ordered the same day).  Nope.  Ended up going back to pick that up a few days later... 

Fuck me...  I got to know the security people at the warehouse by name over the past couple weeks.  Lol

What the hell are you both doing starting home projects so close to TC???

TC? How about 100+ feels like? 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
TC? How about 100+ feels like? 
Yah...I envy you Jan-April, but not now...

My kid is near Pasadena, CA and finally decided to get a window AC. 111 degrees there this weekend. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
What the hell are you both doing starting home projects so close to TC???
This has been an ongoing project for the past year and a half...  studded out all the rooms last winter with my dad.  Hired out two guys to do the HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.

Now I need to get quotes for the drywall and we're debating on doing a faux brick or stone accent wall.  I haven't had the time to do most of this stuff myself with work, coaching baseball, and kids sports.

Once we have walls and ceilings, the last thing I'm hiring out is the flooring in the main room.  Looking at stained concrete...  Not touching that.  Too big of a room and I don't want to f*ck it up.

Hopefully the man cave will be finished by next spring.  Football and bowhunting kind of put a stop to my weekend projects...