Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIKINGS at RAMS- Sept. 27 -Come meet Vanguard83!
BOOOYAAAAA.
Last time I saw the Vikings take on the Rams at the Coliseum was a Monday nighter, and I was about ten years old. (We lost, but those '70's teams...wow)
Then caught them again at Anaheim Stadium when Hassan Jones pulled in a Wade Wilson Hail Mary in the last game before the strike ('87 team)
Mrs. Vanguard, Daughter Vanguard, and future Viking's draft pick 2028 @ DE ....KYLE, will be about 50 rows behind our guys
SKOL'in' it all night.
Daughter will be sportin' a home BARR jerseyKyle......an away RUDOLPH jersey......Get it?....KYLE....(or color rush Thielen)Wife will be in a Tarkenton TEE, and Moi.......
I believe I'll be going with the Jared Allen that evening...thank you.

Hey, I was at that ‘87 game, bro!  B)

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Hey, I was at that ‘87 game, bro!  B)
Nice!

The Vikings calendar the following season there was a great pic. of that catch.

I had painted a huge Norseman with "GO VIKES" and hung it from the upper deck. Using an old sheet, and some purple paint.

That day was Anthony Carters birthday, so I shouted "Happy birthday AC!" After warm ups going into the locker room, he gave me a nice smile and wave.

Took some nice pictures that are buried away somewhere with my 35mm camera.
AC is ALL LEGS.  Couple nice pics of Studwell during team warmups, and nice shot of Wilson and Kramer.

Some Rams fan near the end said "better luck next time" to me...high fiving all his buddies.
Then Jones pulled in that ball for the win and the guys dick fell off.

Don't think I will make that unfortunately.  MN trip in August and no vacation time left after that,  makes it financially difficult and would be just to daunting.   But who knows will see what happens and if there is any way I can work out out I will. 

Sure wish it was a Nov or Dec game...My kids in Alta Dena and I sure love to head down there when it's cold or getting colder here (also known as 9 mos of the year).