Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will DL Jalyn Holmes's trajectory be?
Vikes snag him near the top of round 4. Huge upside. Good athlete. The obviously love his potential the same way they did the guy that just got paid, Danielle Hunter. Former 4 star, top 100 high school recruit. Another 'best is in front of him' type pick. 

Hard to say...  I'm still not entirely sure he sticks at DT.  But that may be his best way to get on the field as a rookie...  situational interior pass rusher.
Physically, he looks like a classic Zimmer DE.  6'5...  long arms...  built well.  That's why I'm surprised they were so quick to bump him inside.

Considering he hasn't put on pads yet and broke his hand, its probably worth waiting on this one a bit. Athletically he's gifted but Hunter's progression is incredibly rare. 

My 2nd favorite pick after Gossett. Especially after watching his Senior Bowl week. Kid has a nasty spin move and really nice speed. If he can gain about 10 lbs without losing that 4.8 speed we might have something. 

But you never know. It's probably about who he is above the shoulders. Datone Jones was a similar player. Same size...a kind of 3T/5T tweener, great Senior Bowl week, 1st round pick....and busted big time. On his 4th team in 10 months.  

I think Holmes was their most interesting draft pick this year. It's really hard to predict his trajectory...Hunter was at least as raw but played a lot as a rookie, while Jaleel Johnson had more experience in college and rode the bench last year (and Vikings signed David Parry to challenge him). Holmes seems like someone Zimmer and Holmes personally wanted, so maybe they have an early role in mind.

Robison was a 4th
Griffen was a 4th
Anything less than what those two contribute to the  team will be a disappointment