Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, not a single post on the "historic" LGBTQ Kluwe fest?
As long as I am not forced to participate, got no problems.  No real interest in knowing the difference between G and Q.  To me its about same as NASCAR racing, it's all about who turns left the best and I could give a crap.  To me politically correct is relative to who your talking to, and I can choose who I talk with. 

Google is your friend...

So, queer essentially means ‘a person who is not straight’, while gay means ‘a person who is attracted to the same sex’.
Ultimately, however, it’s up to the individual as to how they label – or do not label – themselves, and opinions on the subject certainly do vary.
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/23/wh...and-queer/

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Google is your friend...

So, queer essentially means ‘a person who is not straight’, while gay means ‘a person who is attracted to the same sex’.
Ultimately, however, it’s up to the individual as to how they label – or do not label – themselves, and opinions on the subject certainly do vary.
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/23/wh...and-queer/
Yeah, I know that and did search, but I came up with the same conclusion....there is no difference, kinda like preferring to be called Rick instead of Dick. It doesn't change the fact that your actual name is Richard. I just thought there might be some significant difference among those within that culture that warrants a separate designation and perhaps someone here might be aware of that differentiation. Doesn't really matter to me, either, but since I am bombarded with this crap on a daily basis on all forms of media, I'd just like to be as informed as possible. I'd hate to unintentionally offend anybody by referring to them as gay when they are actually queer. My next mission is to understand what a transgender man means.......born a man transferring to female or born female transferring to male. And once that gender "affirmation" is completde, does the trans prefix drop and you are now officially just male or female? So much to learn about such a tiny subculture!

I have a child who is gender neutral...I refer to them by name or "they" being the correct pronoun.

Never, ever once thought about not accepting or loving my offspring. When I am applauded for it? I cringe - I just did and do what comes naturally - love and adore my kid.

The continuum for levels of transformation is a large one. Some individuals feel they need to physically transform to a large degree including hormone or sex change to be their "true selves"

For others its far less physical change to still be @ peace and comfortable with one self - even joyful about it. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I have a child who is gender neutral...I refer to them by name or "they" being the correct pronoun.

Never, ever once thought about not accepting or loving my offspring. When I am applauded for it? I cringe - I just did and do what comes naturally - love and adore my kid.

The continuum for levels of transformation is a large one. Some individuals feel they need to physically transform to a large degree including hormone or sex change to be their "true selves"

For others its far less physical change to still be @ peace and comfortable with one self - even joyful about it. 
I suppose the correct path to take is treat everyone the way you want to be treated.

Or maybe, treat everyone the way you would treat your own child if he/she was that way.

This shouldnt be an issue at all. 

We are all equal.  

I wish the whole issue would go away. Because it shouldn't BE an issue. 

Hopefully some day they will be cured.