Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So tell me about your NFL Sundays?
a lot of talk about the wringer of emotions that one goes through and how wrapped up we get in the moments....(I might have already shared this)   that saints game with the big start, the let down, and the back and forth ending had me so confused emotionally (tortured would be a good description)... when I realized that Diggs was going to score I jumped up and screamed "GO!" at the TV, (scaring the shit out of Tuds new girlfriend,  shes still with him so it must be ok,  but I doubt she ever watches a game with me again)  and I spun around and promply put my fist through the wall.. (old house,  plaster and lathe... it was no love tap gone bad)  I to this day have no idea what made me do it,  but I had so many emotions running through me leading up to that moment I think they were just all getting released in one crazy ass moment.

(for the record I spend the rest of the night cleaning up the mess and I had the wall repair underway before bed time)

why cant they just whoop the shit out of a season and give us a year to remember... with our feet up the whole way!

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
a lot of talk about the wringer of emotions that one goes through and how wrapped up we get in the moments....(I might have already shared this)   that saints game with the big start, the let down, and the back and forth ending had me so confused emotionally (tortured would be a good description)... when I realized that Diggs was going to score I jumped up and screamed "GO!" at the TV, (scaring the shit out of Tuds new girlfriend,  shes still with him so it must be ok,  but I doubt she ever watches a game with me again)  and I spun around and promply put my fist through the wall.. (old house,  plaster and lathe... it was no love tap gone bad)  I to this day have no idea what made me do it,  but I had so many emotions running through me leading up to that moment I think they were just all getting released in one crazy ass moment.

(for the record I spend the rest of the night cleaning up the mess and I had the wall repair underway before bed time)

why cant they just whoop the shit out of a season and give us a year to remember... with our feet up the whole way!
HaHa...you crazy man. That was amazing though. Let me tell you about that game at my house. After the Saints went ahead I looked at my wife and shook my head. She got my grandson and the 2 of them went in the back room and put a movie in the DVD player. Give me my badly needed space she's learned I need after these kind of loses. Then...IT happened. I was screaming going out of my mind. Literally dropped to my knees. They both come running out of the back room. I'm there in the middle of the living room on my knees. Bad hip and all. "What happened"? I couldn't remember what I said but it was something incoherent I'm sure. Then I started to believe something is different. Maybe we are a team of Destiny this year. Then the next week reality. Yep it's destiny...of a Viking fan. Right back to never believe never get hurt. Ok new season lets roll. If you can't take the pain don't pick the Vikes. It's not easy if it was everyone would do it.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@FSUVike said:
I record the RedZone then head to Lawrence, KS to rendezvous with my dad at a sports bar with awesome NY-style pizza. Unless it's televised. Then I record and start watching half way through after spending the first half watching RedZone so I can ff through commercials.
Where in Lawrence? My son went to KU from 2012-2016 and we lived in Overland Park before we moved to Florida. Didn't you say you were a recruiter? Tech?
Johnny's Tavern.  There's  one in OP now where I live so he sometimes comes here instead of vice versa.

And yes, I'm a Recruiter.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@StickyBun said:
@FSUVike said:
I record the RedZone then head to Lawrence, KS to rendezvous with my dad at a sports bar with awesome NY-style pizza. Unless it's televised. Then I record and start watching half way through after spending the first half watching RedZone so I can ff through commercials.
Where in Lawrence? My son went to KU from 2012-2016 and we lived in Overland Park before we moved to Florida. Didn't you say you were a recruiter? Tech?
Johnny's Tavern.  There's  one in OP now where I live so he sometimes comes here instead of vice versa.

And yes, I'm a Recruiter.
Wasn't there a Johnny's in either Prairie Village or Leawood that used to be a Viking's bar?

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Everything would change for me with ONE Superbowl win.
I can stop holding my breathe, watch with an ease that I've NEVER seemed to have with this team, because I can always reflect on that one "magical" season they put it all together.
It's weird I know, but the MOST stressful thing in my life seems to have always been the Vikings.
In the scheme of things/life if the Vikings are your main stress then life is very good. 

Sunday football has always been such a part of my life. The social aspect with family and friends and the food. I love my traditional favorites, the Mexican food that represent me and mine but also some good BBQ and so many other culinary delights. Growing up, my brothers and sisters and I would compete to determine who could make the best main course or dessert.

Now Sunday football varies. Sometimes it's family and friends or one of the two. Sometimes it's watching in solitude. Sometimes it depends on the mood and who they are playing. But there is always cooking going on. I love experimenting with different flavors and ideas. It's either a lazy Sunday or I am productive as hell.

When I am at the game, I am tailgating and spending the day at the stadium. A good time is had by all. I usually meet someone from another country at the game. It's cool too because my section has become like a family. Although for some unknown reason, I felt the need to sit in the other end zone for the playoffs. I sat where Diggs scored. And I am always taking a boatload of pictures.

I am with you V83. Vikings football is that one guy. He is so charming and sexy. But I am so damn drawn to him, I can't get him out of my head. I have fallen hook, line and sinker and there's no turning back. There is no other. There's no substitute. I keep coming back for more.

I've been a season tix holder since the Moon era so 1/2 the games I am at the stadium. Got a great crew I go with and we're tailgating on the rooftop condo of one of my buddies about 8 blocks from USB. Free underground parking too.

Other 1/2? That varies. About 1/2 those games I am at a sports bar with friends. Other 1/2 am at home alone with my DVR and begin watching it about 1/2 way into the game. I cannot watch a game live on tv anymore. 

Bummer about that is I can't get on live chat here...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

I was 17 when Stabler, The Stork and Dah Raiduh's beat the over the hill Vikings in the 77 SB in Pasadena.

I cried after that game.

Still waiting - just one lord. That's all I ask for. 

I get this way right after the 4th of July holiday: ready to watch football. I love my Sunday football rituals, I really do. That morning low level nervous energy and excitement that builds until kickoff. My metabolism goes up a level during a Viking's game, its like a constant state of varying levels depending how it unfolds. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I get this way right after the 4th of July holiday: ready to watch football. I love my Sunday football rituals, I really do. That morning low level nervous energy and excitement that builds until kickoff. My metabolism goes up a level during a Viking's game, its like a constant state of varying levels depending how it unfolds. 
Sunday football. Sunday Viking football I should say is ingrained in my DNA. I'm genetically programmed for it. Was born in Minnesota to a die hard Viking fan. Who sadly never lived to see the day. I may well share my fathers fate. That's ok I didn't pick them I was born to them. Can't pick your family right. Like family you grow up and move away. Hopefully you never lose touch. I never did 30 years removed from Minnesota still love my mom and sibs. Oh and my Vikes.
About my Sunday ritual. My wife used to think I'm crazy. Now she knows it..haha. I am weird about rituals and routines. I wear the same watch every game day. It's a purple dialed with yellow makers 1960's Swiss winder. I carry the same purple bone handle Case pocket knife. My shirt can vary but always a Viking T-shirt or polo. Before big games I listen to Led Zep Immigrant song and Deep purple perfect strangers. It gets my nervous engery up. As I've aged the bad loses especially in the playoffs have not dragged me down like they did. In 1998 I was inconsolable for a week. Now like last year I take a walk and it's over. My only fear is sharing my fathers fate. I got time left but if this team assembled now can't get to the promise land then what?  Rebuild and maybe then in a few years? Life only gives you so many rebuilding years.