Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings’ David Parry has new perspective after 2017 alcohol-related arrest

Would love to see him win the backup job behind Linval Joseph. He's stout and powerful. 34 reps on the bench at the Combine, stronger now. Mean-spirited. Can take on a double-team. Short stubby arms, however. But could spell Joseph or be right beside him on goal-line defense. 

I'm glad his mistake was a real eye-opener.  Something like that can bring realization to the privilege of playing professional football and earn a vast income for a sport.  Hopefully, he has recommitted and rededicated himself as a person and player.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
I'm glad his mistake was a real eye-opener.  Something like that can bring realization to the privilege of playing professional football and earn a vast income for a sport.  Hopefully, he has recommitted and rededicated himself as a person and player.
thats what we can hope for because the guy has some legit game. Could be a Jimmy kennedy type pick up, who in the right situation did damn well for us. Linval needs a true back up and this guy could be it.  Need all of our back up DL stepping their game up to keep our guys off the field as much as they can. 

damn everson got hurt on the last play of the Browns game, wasnt the same after that

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Double edge sword for the rich & privilaged & their get out of jail cards
Was just thinking about Vince Vaughn and how his arrest & resisting will really go unpunished
He will pay his tiny fine, serve no time & make more crappy movies to pay for it & maybe never get the help he needs

Same with this dude
Today he glosses it over with “I just made a pretty big mistake”
But he sounds like a complete Asshole
On top of his crime, he threatened the arresting officers saying he was going to be coming after them

But he was not shot & will be back on the field in no time

Wow. Auto theft, robbery, resisting arrest, driving under the influence and criminal damage. Sure sounds worse then I got drunk and joyrided a golf cart...lol. Sometimes drunk thoughts should stay just that, thoughts. Problem is the drunk part impairs the thoughts part. Was it as fun as you hoped?  He made a stupid mistake, move on. His life should forever be destroyed for it? Quit drinking and enjoy being rich. 

Should his life be forever destroyed by it ?
No, I think maybe he will take care of that by himself...my point
I was watching the Roc Doc on David Cassidy last night & it was just sad. He had numerous DUI’s & who knows how many times he was not caught or let off with an autograph
Now it turns out he didn’t have Alzheimers, but drank himself to death, while surrounded by his staff of enablers 

I sure don’t have the answers, but can see the hypocrosy of the NFL too
Is he a “character guy” or a real character ?
Guess it depends if you are the team that had to release him or sign him