• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remmers @ RG in latest iteration of Vikings OL
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Norseman" said:
We wouldn't be having this conversation if we had just picked Will Hernandez in the first round.  Just sayin.......
Nope...we would be arguing about why we took a man blocking guard in the first round for a zone scheme.
Probably. But then the Giants should have the same questions since Shurmur will almost certainly employ a lot of the same zone runs he used in Minnesota. Personally, I think Hernandez might be "best" in a power scheme, but he can also move really well. I don't think he's limited to power schemes at all, which is probably good since their new back, Saquon Barkley, is a very good outside zone runner. 
point was,  there was no perfect answer after the 3 that we all seemed to agree on.  Rick followed his board and draft experience, if they didnt have the guy rated as high for what ever reason then I am cool with it... and no matter who they took when there was likely to be arguments.
Not if everyone would just agree with me...
why would we all want to be wrong?
Haha, and since you were talking draft, you are probably quite correct in that statement. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Norseman" said:
We wouldn't be having this conversation if we had just picked Will Hernandez in the first round.  Just sayin.......
Nope...we would be arguing about why we took a man blocking guard in the first round for a zone scheme.
Probably. But then the Giants should have the same questions since Shurmur will almost certainly employ a lot of the same zone runs he used in Minnesota. Personally, I think Hernandez might be "best" in a power scheme, but he can also move really well. I don't think he's limited to power schemes at all, which is probably good since their new back, Saquon Barkley, is a very good outside zone runner. 
point was,  there was no perfect answer after the 3 that we all seemed to agree on.  Rick followed his board and draft experience, if they didnt have the guy rated as high for what ever reason then I am cool with it... and no matter who they took when there was likely to be arguments.
Not if everyone would just agree with me...
why would we all want to be wrong?
Haha, and since you were talking draft, you are probably quite correct in that statement. 
not me...not this year... life got in the way so I can say I probably spent less than 10 hours watching clips/games of draft picks this year.  probably why I got over the draft not going the way I had wanted so quickly.  I just wasnt as invested in who we got as in years where I focus myself on it....honestly its a bit relaxing to just play it like XMas morning, especially when we drafted so late so its really up in the air who was going to be there to pick from.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"greediron" said:
not me...not this year... life got in the way so I can say I probably spent less than 10 hours watching clips/games of draft picks this year.  probably why I got over the draft not going the way I had wanted so quickly.  I just wasnt as invested in who we got as in years where I focus myself on it....honestly its a bit relaxing to just play it like XMas morning, especially when we drafted so late so its really up in the air who was going to be there to pick from.
that is 10 hours more than I spent.  It is such a crap shoot, I just wait until I find out who we draft, then I watch those clips.