Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFLDG Mock Draft 3.0
Quote: @"TBro" said:
I agree that a trade is highly likely, especially if Rudolph is sitting there at 30. What I don't agree on is
using the outdated draft slot points chart for our compensation. I would want Denver's 2nd and 3rd at
a minimum to move out of that spot, especially if we can leverage several teams against each other.
I 'm assuming Rick has already had several of those draft scenario conversations with teams eyeing
Rudolph at that pick, but adding more late round picks doesn't excite me. 
meh, gotta have a buyer to be a seller. itll all come down to whos sitting there at the end of the first. thursday sure will be anticlimatic if we wait all night and then trade out of the first. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"TBro" said:
I agree that a trade is highly likely, especially if Rudolph is sitting there at 30. What I don't agree on is
using the outdated draft slot points chart for our compensation. I would want Denver's 2nd and 3rd at
a minimum to move out of that spot, especially if we can leverage several teams against each other.
I 'm assuming Rick has already had several of those draft scenario conversations with teams eyeing
Rudolph at that pick, but adding more late round picks doesn't excite me. 
meh, gotta have a buyer to be a seller. itll all come down to whos sitting there at the end of the first. thursday sure will be anticlimatic if we wait all night and then trade out of the first. 
Yep.  I remember that happening to me in 2010.  Of course the real pain in that is we wound up picking Chris Cook when Rob Gronkowski was picked eight picks later.  :#

And speaking of painful draft memories, that just reminded me of another one.  In 1981 our GM had the bright idea of trading out of the first for two second round picks from the Colts.  Our target candidate was an undersized linebacker from Baylor.  By trading back, we wound up with the eleventh pick in the second round.  The only problem is, the Bears had somehow figured out who we were targeting, and they pulled off a last minute trade to jump one pick in front of us to pick number ten in the second round.  They got our guy, and we wound up picking Mardye McDole,   This is a receiver who caught a whopping 3 catches over three seasons.  Now who thinks Treadwell is the best example of a bad example?

Oh yeah, that undersized linebacker we were targeting and could have picked in the first?  His name was Mike Singletary.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Lotta players I like a lot: Price, Dawson, Hines, Cichy, Cappa. In addition to those, here are a few I'm really trying hard to fit into a mock (if I ever get one done)...

Frank Ragnow, C/G
Josh Sweat, Edge
Jessie Bates, S
Tremon Smith, CB
Joe Noteboom, OT
Brandon Parker, OT
PJ Hall, NT/DT
Kemoko Turay, Edge
Chris Herndon, TE
Vyncint Smith, WR
Nathan Shepherd, DT

And the player that makes me most angry we don't have a higher pick? Derwin James. 

That's a good list.

PJ Hall.  It's hard not to see Aaron Donald in him.

I like the move down for Price better then your 2.0 version of picking Goedert (TE).  

But I am also liking a move up to try and grab a guy like Wynn.  If Wynn is available in the early 20's (22-25) range I would strongly consider a move up for him.  He seems to the perfect fit for us as an interior Guard who can move in a ZBS scheme and also play Tackle in a pinch (like we needed in the playoffs once Easton went out and we had to shuffle unsuccessfully I will add.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
I like the move down for Price better then your 2.0 version of picking Goedert (TE).  

But I am also liking a move up to try and grab a guy like Wynn.  If Wynn is available in the early 20's (22-25) range I would strongly consider a move up for him.  He seems to the perfect fit for us as an interior Guard who can move in a ZBS scheme and also play Tackle in a pinch (like we needed in the playoffs once Easton went out and we had to shuffle unsuccessfully I will add.  
What would it take to get up to the #22 to #25 range though?

And is Wynn that much better than Price or Ragnow or Hernandez or Smith?

Is it worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd this year?

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"minny65" said:

Yea the draft value chart I have can get us to 22 with a trade with the Bills...by giving up our 3rd.

Is Wynn better then....?  Well according to most analyst and our Guru Wynn is a perfect fit for our ZBS and has that versatility of being a plug n play Guard and also the vast experience at Tackle..although 6'3 so not an ideal Tackle but maybe a swing Tackle and in a pinch like we needed at the end of last season when Easton went down and Elflein got dinged.  We reshuffled and needed to play Hill at RT with very poor results.  Remmers had to move to Guard to get Hill on the field at Tackle.  Bascially, Hill was a better Tackle on our roster then we had as any of our backup Guards.  If we had a guy like potential Wynn it would have been an easy transition.

Price and Ragnow are college centers ( I know Price played some Guard but he excelled at center) I don't want to move Elflein.

Hernandez I would not mind at all but he looks to be a pure Guard who the analyst say would excel in a man blocking scheme and we are a screen/ZBS OL.  That said I think Hernandez is a monster and if he falls to 30 I would be very happy.  So Wynn over Hernandez because of ZBS fit and Tackle versatility.   

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"minny65" said:

Yea the draft value chart I have can get us to 22 with a trade with the Bills...by giving up our 3rd.

Is Wynn better then....?  Well according to most analyst and our Guru Wynn is a perfect fit for our ZBS and has that versatility of being a plug n play Guard and also the vast experience at Tackle..although 6'3 so not an ideal Tackle but maybe a swing Tackle and in a pinch like we needed at the end of last season when Easton went down and Elflein got dinged.  We reshuffled and needed to play Hill at RT with very poor results.  Remmers had to move to Guard to get Hill on the field at Tackle.  Bascially, Hill was a better Tackle on our roster then we had as any of our backup Guards.  If we had a guy like potential Wynn it would have been an easy transition.

Price and Ragnow are college centers ( I know Price played some Guard but he excelled at center) I don't want to move Elflein.

Hernandez I would not mind at all but he looks to be a pure Guard who the analyst say would excel in a man blocking scheme and we are a screen/ZBS OL.  That said I think Hernandez is a monster and if he falls to 30 I would be very happy.  So Wynn over Hernandez because of ZBS fit and Tackle versatility.   
Well, maybe Wynn is all that and a bag of chips but I would not trade UP to get him especially if that is going to cost a 3rd round pick.

It is interesting to note that the Vikings have not met with Wynn but have met with Price, Ragnow, Quessenberry, Williams, McGlinchey, Cappa, Dejon Allen, Brian Allen, & Matthew Gono.

May not mean anything since they did not meet with Cook last year.