Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condon May Ask For More Than $20 Million Per Year
Quote: @Godhead said:
Injuries happen to QBs and with that any team could be in need of a QB in the future.
Yes, so what is your point in regards to the thread?

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Godhead said:
Injuries happen to QBs and with that any team could be in need of a QB in the future.

Isn't he simply saying that regardless of current perception that there would very likely be a legit market for Bradford if he hits FA?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@minny65 said:
@Godhead said:

Isn't he simply saying that regardless of current perception that there would very likely be a legit market for Bradford if he hits FA?
Oh, yea I didn't follow.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@minny65 said:
 If the decision is neither Sam or Teddy look like the answer then we can move on from one or both and move forward for a franchise = win!    
Seriously, this is a win? Finding out this team has NO QB is my nightmare scenario. I know the hype about the 2018 draft and all the allegedly-can't-miss QBs is probably making people think that starting over with a rookie QB would be OK, but I've seen that most "Year of the QBs" drafts produce more Tim Couch and Akili Smith players than anything else.
Quote: @greediron said:
@minny65 said:
I'm all for using time to our advantage.  Let the season play out.  Then make the decision.  If the decision is that we have to sign Bradford to a huge deal because he does really well for us = win!  If the decision is Teddy is 100% healthy and plays some becuase Sam gets dinged = win!  If the decision is neither Sam or Teddy look like the answer then we can move on from one or both and move forward for a franchise = win!  The only real lose situation IMO is that we try and resign Sam to a huge deal well into the 20 million range and he flops.  So we would be trying to save money now hoping he is the answer moving forward?  I say don't do that let's use time (and maybe time healing all wounds/Teddy) on our side for once.

We have been making desperate and costly QB moves for so long that I think a cool hand will pay off in the long run.  
Just a nit to pick, but I don't see that as a WIN!. 

Thats what I initially thought as well,  but it is a "WIN" if you consider that we will have found out that neither is a long term answer at the position and we didnt get locked into a cap killing deal before we found that out.
You CAN'T be serious! Please tell me this is just exuberant homerism based on ingesting a few cocktails.

If neither Sammy or Teddy are viable QB options for 2018, that would mean that between April 2011 and September 2016, Saint Ricky would have WASTED THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS and a total of FIVE DRAFT PICKS on QB's and has NOTHING to show for it..... And have to start from ground zero in 2018 to find a QB? THAT'S A WIN??!!!!

Un-fucking-believable.

Yeah, lets all hope for THAT scenario. The Vikings will be "winners" once again! 

Again, I'm hoping you're not truly this stupid and are just drunk or otherwise impaired, because stating that finding out that both Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT the answers at QB is beyond ridiculous.

Quote: @njvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@minny65 said:
 If the decision is neither Sam or Teddy look like the answer then we can move on from one or both and move forward for a franchise = win!    
Seriously, this is a win? Finding out this team has NO QB is my nightmare scenario. I know the hype about the 2018 draft and all the allegedly-can't-miss QBs is probably making people think that starting over with a rookie QB would be OK, but I've seen that most "Year of the QBs" drafts produce more Tim Couch and Akili Smith players than anything else.
@minny65 said:
I'm all for using time to our advantage.  Let the season play out.  Then make the decision.  If the decision is that we have to sign Bradford to a huge deal because he does really well for us = win!  If the decision is Teddy is 100% healthy and plays some becuase Sam gets dinged = win!  If the decision is neither Sam or Teddy look like the answer then we can move on from one or both and move forward for a franchise = win!  The only real lose situation IMO is that we try and resign Sam to a huge deal well into the 20 million range and he flops.  So we would be trying to save money now hoping he is the answer moving forward?  I say don't do that let's use time (and maybe time healing all wounds/Teddy) on our side for once.

We have been making desperate and costly QB moves for so long that I think a cool hand will pay off in the long run.  

Thats what I initially thought as well,  but it is a "WIN" if you consider that we will have found out that neither is a long term answer at the position and we didnt get locked into a cap killing deal before we found that out.
You CAN'T be serious! Please tell me this is just exuberant homerism based on ingesting a few cocktails.

If neither Sammy or Teddy are viable QB options for 2018, that would mean that between April 2011 and September 2016, Saint Ricky would have WASTED THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS and a total of FIVE DRAFT PICKS on QB's and has NOTHING to show for it..... And have to start from ground zero in 2018 to find a QB? THAT'S A WIN??!!!!

Un-fucking-believable.

Yeah, lets all hope for THAT scenario. The Vikings will be "winners" once again! 

Again, I'm hoping you're not truly this stupid and are just drunk or otherwise impaired, because stating that finding out that both Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT the answers at QB is a POSITIVE outcome is beyond ridiculous.

Quote: @njvike said:
@njvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@minny65 said:
@minny65 said:

Un-fucking-believable.

Again, I'm hoping you're not truly this stupid and are just drunk or otherwise impaired, because stating that finding out that both Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT the answers at QB is a POSITIVE outcome is beyond ridiculous.

Holy shit you are obtuse.  The point he was simply making is if neither are going to be a long term solutuon is its a win to find out sooner than after a contract is extended and also in a year where the QB prospects are plenty.

Your obsession with turning every thread into a bash rick fest is what is stupid and actually quite annoying for the rest of the board.  I think there might be more to this than just football fan perspective.

Quote: @njvike said:You CAN'T be serious! Please tell me this is just exuberant homerism based on ingesting a few cocktails.

Un-fucking-believable.

Again, I'm hoping you're not truly this stupid and are just drunk or otherwise impaired, because stating that finding out that both Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT the answers at QB is beyond ridiculous.
Might want to dial it back just a notch or two.  Attacking another poster is not acceptable.

Another thread with a "I hate Rick tantrum"  good stuff.  It's nappy time.