So are they saying that last years 
4, 5 & 6 picks were bad ?

Quote: @Maple Surple said:
Sorry if already posted

http://m.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/...143f4c92ee

Agree ? Disagree ?

So are they saying that last years 
4, 5 & 6 picks were bad ?
I don' know if it means there bad, but the team needs depth, and options for next year if people are not resigned. As far as those 3 picks, I don' hate them, they look good.

if we go LB in the first one if barr or kendicks wont be back in 19

hard to judge a pick in a bubble, who is on the board and how the draft is breaking makes such a difference.  

I thin Wynn is a good pick that is worthy of selecting and fill a potential need.  But we don't know what the team views for priorities or who else is left on the board they may be targeting.  I don't usually get married to any pick going into the draft and try to enjoy it as it unfolds

Quote: @NodakViking said:
hard to judge a pick in a bubble, who is on the board and how the draft is breaking makes such a difference.  

I thin Wynn is a good pick that is worthy of selecting and fill a potential need.  But we don't know what the team views for priorities or who else is left on the board they may be targeting.  I don't usually get married to any pick going into the draft and try to enjoy it as it unfolds
Exactly. We do not know who will be available when the Vikings pick; how the coaches feel about some of the players already on the team; whether another team will offer a great deal to move back; whether a player unexpectedly drops and the Vikings decide to trade up; ...  There are a lot of variables to be determined during the draft. It is what makes the draft fun.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@NodakViking said:

Exactly. We do not know who will be available when the Vikings pick; how the coaches feel about some of the players already on the team; whether another team will offer a great deal to move back; whether a player unexpectedly drops and the Vikings decide to trade up; ...  There are a lot of variables to be determined during the draft. It is what makes the draft fun.
Agree guys,

But in the lead up to the draft it is fun to play armchair GM and try and evaluate the players and make best prediction.  At least I find it entertaining.  Then I like to bounce things off of others on this site for feedback from some very knowledgeable posters.

For example a couple weeks ago I was all over drafting Hernandez (UTEP - G) after reading up on him from various sources and watching some clips.  Then Guru pointed out, like some of the articles, that he is ideal in a man blocking scheme and we run a ZBS.  The ZBS is said to be a better fit for a guy like Wynn who has better feet - so we are told.  

So, it was fun to evaluate and receive feedback and reconsider.  Not sure other posters heed the feedback or just stick to their armchair guns but I come to this site to exchange and not to data dump and exclaim righteousness...Ha.  For example, last year I wanted us to draft Dawkins (OT) from Temple big time.  He ended up playing very well and starting for the Bills and would have been a very good pick.  The thing is, I would have drafted him over Cook in the second round.  Dawkins went after our Cook pick but before our 3rd rounder in Elflein.   I will now find it interesting to watch all 3 players careers - dawkins, cook and elflein.  So I might have been right about Dawkins being a good player but then wrong in not grabbing Cook who was on pace for ROY.  Just interesting to me. 

Oh well, we will all support whom the Vikings decide to pick but Wynn seems like a very good fit.  I would not be bummed if we go Hernanadez he is a lot bigger then most of the other Guards with decent feet.  I also would not be shocked if we went with a CB or an OLB - BPA at area's of need.  Lastly, I don't think Price (Ohio State) will be there for our second rounder but I would not mind a move up for him into the late mid 50's of the second round. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@dadevike said:
@NodakViking said:

Agree guys,

But in the lead up to the draft it is fun to play armchair GM and try and evaluate the players and make best prediction.  At least I find it entertaining.  Then I like to bounce things off of others on this site for feedback from some very knowledgeable posters.

For example a couple weeks ago I was all over drafting Hernandez (UTEP - G) after reading up on him from various sources and watching some clips.  Then Guru pointed out, like some of the articles, that he is ideal in a man blocking scheme and we run a ZBS.  The ZBS is said to be a better fit for a guy like Wynn who has better feet - so we are told.  

So, it was fun to evaluate and receive feedback and reconsider.  Not sure other posters heed the feedback or just stick to their armchair guns but I come to this site to exchange and not to data dump and exclaim righteousness...Ha.  For example, last year I wanted us to draft Dawkins (OT) from Temple big time.  He ended up playing very well and starting for the Bills and would have been a very good pick.  The thing is, I would have drafted him over Cook in the second round.  Dawkins went after our Cook pick but before our 3rd rounder in Elflein.   I will now find it interesting to watch all 3 players careers - dawkins, cook and elflein.  So I might have been right about Dawkins being a good player but then wrong in not grabbing Cook who was on pace for ROY.  Just interesting to me. 

Oh well, we will all support whom the Vikings decide to pick but Wynn seems like a very good fit.  I would not be bummed if we go Hernanadez he is a lot bigger then most of the other Guards with decent feet.  I also would not be shocked if we went with a CB or an OLB - BPA at area's of need.  Lastly, I don't think Price (Ohio State) will be there for our second rounder but I would not mind a move up for him into the late mid 50's of the second round. 
Yep, I have spent some time looking at videos and rankings of players at positions I suspect we might pick: CB, OL, DL, RB, TE, LB. That, too, makes the draft more interesting. I go back and forth on Hernandez and Wynn. Wynn may be a bit more athletic, but Hernandez seems stronger. And he is pretty athletic, too. I would be happy with either but I suspect we may go CB in the first. That’s my speculation. But unless it is bizarre pick, and I doubt that happens, I’ll cetainly get behind whomever the Vikings select.

I like Wynn and Price, probably lean Wynn because he could potentially also be a swing OT in the future while still being as good as Price as an OG.  I also like Price and having three interior starters that can play center so they can focus the other depth on combo OT's.  But if there is a defensive playmaker of top QB that falls I'd be tempted by that also.

The really intriguing thing to me is round 2-4 where guys like Griffen, Michel/Chubb, and some other very good players can be had.  Those rounds will make or break this draft and to stay competitive with a franchise QB salary on the books they need to keep talented .