Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price or Daniels?
Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
How about neither?

I would wait and draft Wyatt Teller int he 3rd or 4th.
Why take a guard who doesn't work well in space when the blocking scheme asks players to be above average in space? He won't be a day one starter. 

Daniels knee issues concern me...I'm liking the idea of trading off the #30 and adding a 4th as Guru did in his mock...grabbing Price early in the second and another Swing OL with our second, or a guy like Penny who could be a dynamic returner and Murray's replacement in a year....

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:
How about neither?

Why take a guard who doesn't work well in space when the blocking scheme asks players to be above average in space? He won't be a day one starter. 
Tyrell Crosby is a day one starter?  Does he work well in space or is it not necessary from tackles?

Teller tested very well.  Extremely athletic.  He is very strong at the point of attack too.

I doubt he is a finished product.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MarkSP18 said:
How about neither?

Tyrell Crosby is a day one starter?  Does he work well in space or is it not necessary from tackles?

Teller tested very well.  Extremely athletic.  He is very strong at the point of attack too.

I doubt he is a finished product.
For most teams Crosby would be. He's highly technical.

The issue with Teller is that his athleticism doesn't match the tape. When you get him moving he misses blocks and under pursues at times. He has the body to be a good OG if that's what you're considering athleticism? In time I think he could be a good interior lineman. But he still is learning the position and needs further grooming before he can be relied upon regardless of scheme. 

I dont have time this year to really look at any of these guys,  but just thought of mine,   if I have to choose between a smaller player who has great technique vs a bigger guy who gets it done with strength.. I think I am leaning towards the bigger guy.   Smaller technique guys can do great in the NFL,  but often it seems they cant handle the bigger stronger bodies of the pro game and all the technique in the world wont overcome that.  I think they often end up dealing with injuries more as well since they are typically over matched and end up getting bent into bad positions.  I think its easier  to fix a strong guys weak technique than it is to take a smaller player and make them function as well  after adding the necessary size.  Give me the maulers with a little ability to get to the next level or pull.  I will sacrifice a little athleticism for durability.