Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer: More recovery needed for Bridgewater
Well this is why we can't have nice things.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
Well this is why we can't have nice things.
Guess they are probably from Hibbing.

Those from Hibbing are no longer welcome in this thread.  Please air your issues personally or not at all (ignore works wonders).

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

This is complete conjecture on your part. You've created your own narrative here. 

This isn't the first time I've seen you call him 'Zimmerman'. What's up? 

Fuck you, dude. You're overreacting. I don't give two shits if you like my insinuation or not. Nothing insane about it. I've seen the EXACT same deal with the name before. My wife is Jewish....I knew nothing about it the religion or culture before her. But I know plenty since, as the prejudice is rampant throughout society. I travel for business and have for 25 years and have been exposed to it constantly. Didn't think about it before I really became aware. 

What's insane is your use of the last name Zimmerman. Seen plenty of racists call out Jewish surnames as not real, just like many nationalities did to acclimate to the U.S. when coming to this country for a better life. If you meant nothing by it, fine.....then its all good. But if I'm being honest, I still don't buy it. So fuck you. I don't care if I'm banned, reprimanded or whatever. 
Sticky,

When I search the current forums for "Zimmerman", I'm not seeing anything that looks like what you're suggesting.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

This is complete conjecture on your part. You've created your own narrative here. 

This isn't the first time I've seen you call him 'Zimmerman'. What's up? 

Fuck you, dude. You're overreacting. I don't give two shits if you like my insinuation or not. Nothing insane about it. I've seen the EXACT same deal with the name before. My wife is Jewish....I knew nothing about it the religion or culture before her. But I know plenty since, as the prejudice is rampant throughout society. I travel for business and have for 25 years and have been exposed to it constantly. Didn't think about it before I really became aware. 

What's insane is your use of the last name Zimmerman. Seen plenty of racists call out Jewish surnames as not real, just like many nationalities did to acclimate to the U.S. when coming to this country for a better life. If you meant nothing by it, fine.....then its all good. But if I'm being honest, I still don't buy it. So fuck you. I don't care if I'm banned, reprimanded or whatever. 
Sticky,

When I search the current forums for "Zimmerman", I'm not seeing anything that looks like what you're suggesting.
Please just let it go.  Both of the offending participants have been removed from this thread so lets let them handle it in PMs if they choose to continue it,  but please let it drop in the forums.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"mblack" said:
To be honest, I am a bit disappointed in Zimmer for putting this out. All Teddy has done is be loyal to him and the team. I am sure he could have found a way to not provide this detail.
It's great for Viking fans in terms if closure but does not bode well for Teddy, the Jets organization and fans from a PR standpoint. 

On another note I give him props for making it seem like Teddy was ready to takeover if Case faltered. We all believed it.
Agree, why kick the dog?  The dude is gone.  Wish him your best and go on with life.  No need to speculate or tip off other teams that he might not be 100%.  Just say that the organization made a decision to move onto Cousins and be done with it. 
It's not like the Jets don't know. Look, there's this little undercurrent of ignorance that is trying to suggest that Teddy Bridgewater was not very good to begin with and that's the reason he's in the position he's in. Could be this is Zimmer's response to that. 

It could also be that this is Zimmer defending himself a little bit for putting Teddy in a game, in harm's way, before he was actually ready. We all know he couldn't wait to get Teddy in a game. "He looked good to me. I didn't see limitations." Either something happened between that game and his deactivation, or Zimmer decided to heed the advice of his medical staff. 
Or maybe both...The organization owed it's fan-base and frankly it's own staff clarity and transparency as to why the future face of the franchise was no longer a viable option. 

As others have said already, its just a really sad chapter in Vikings history now. I feel for Bridgewater too.