Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings’ D-line is stacked, but will utilize depth in 2018
In 2017, Zimmer played his starters on nearly ever play. Everson Griffen played 79 percent of total snaps, Danielle Hunter 77 percent, Tom Johnson 67 percent and Linval Joseph 66 percent.
We could see those snap counts go down in 2018.
“I think the biggest thing you’re seeing in the NFL now is the defensive line rotation to keep these guys fresh throughout the season,” GM Rick Spielman said. “I give Philadelphia a lot of credit, they used an eight-man rotation last year and you could see the results of that. If we can keep building the depth on the defensive line that will pay dividends down the road.”
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...epth-2018/

I've been wondering what was up with this.  A couple years ago Zimmer was big on rotating the linemen and then it disappeared.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I've been wondering what was up with this.  A couple years ago Zimmer was big on rotating the linemen and then it disappeared.
The lack of rotation took a major toll on our Pass Rush at the end of the year.

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"medaille" said:
The lack of rotation took a major toll on our Pass Rush at the end of the year.
Yes.  Without a threat at the 3tech, no depth beyond Robison and Griff hurting, the defense started to give up plays.

I didn't understand why JJ didn't get more time in the rotation when everyone was raving about his Preseason. Hopefully he will have more of an impact this year with TJ leaving.