Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets Move Up To #3 Spot
Jets acquired the No. 3 pick in the 2018 Draft from the Colts in exchange for the No. 6 pick, the No. 37 pick, the No. 49 pick and a second-round pick in 2019.
The Jets are giving up a lot but now have a chance to draft their quarterback of the future with the third overall pick. With Buffalo a threat to move up after trading Tyrod Taylor to Cleveland, GM Mike Maccagnan wasn't taking any chances. The Colts also deserve credit for recognizing the Jets' need for a quarterback and leveraging it into more picks while only moving down three spots in the first round. With the Browns and Giants also seeking franchise signal-callers, it's conceivable that quarterbacks could be drafted with the first three picks in next month's draft. New York did sign Teddy Bridgewater and Josh McCown this week, but obviously neither of them are long-term solutions.
Related: Colts
Sounds like Teddy will be free to return to the snake franchise in 2019...

Three second rounders to go from 6 to 3. Expensive, but it jumps then ahead of the Browns and Broncos. Oh well, we were all laughing at Chicago last draft for moving up for Trubisky, and the kid handled starting as a rook with zero WR's about as well as the Bears could have hoped.  The Jets are now on the clock for 2019...

Freak out move after missing out on Cousins.

New York did sign Teddy Bridgewater and Josh McCown this week, but obviously neither of them are long-term solutions.

Obviously.    Someone isnt going to like that.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Three second rounders to go from 6 to 3. Expensive, but it jumps then ahead of the Browns and Broncos. Oh well, we were all laughing at Chicago last draft for moving up for Trubisky, and the kid handled starting as a rook with zero WR's about as well as the Bears could have hoped.  The Jets are now on the clock for 2019...
Yea the Bears traded up from 3 to 2 and gave up 2 -3rd rounders and 1-4th rounder for Turbisky.  I was not impresses by Trubisky but as long as the Bears are then that is a good thing as far as I am concerned.  

You can see the very steep price in attempting to draft a prospect never mind a proven QB like Cousins.  

The Jets really hit panic mode after getting shut out on Cousins and others.  

I wonder which QB the Jets are trying to get?  I don't see a consensus Top QB.  

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
New York did sign Teddy Bridgewater and Josh McCown this week, but obviously neither of them are long-term solutions.

Obviously.    Someone isnt going to like that.
Truth hurts, but clearly the Vikings were unwilling to give Teddy want he wanted in a contract, and the Jet's deal is very incentive laden. I hope he does well, but clearly a lot of teams are not convinced he will ever make it back to where he was prior to the injury. Even Zimmer made those comments about Teddy's chances of making back after signing Cousins and nobody is a bigger fan than Zim.