Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just don't call it a ***** team
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I knew when we signed Richardson, the dreaded "dream team" label would start to emerge. Took a day. 
----------Minnesota is loaded in a 'Dream Team' style offseason
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sheld...-favorite/
The Vikings already had a top-tier defense. Adding Richardson makes them quite scary. A defensive line of Danielle HunterLinval JosephEverson Griffen and Richardson is filthy
-------------
Filthy is a good word. 
Too late!  

I have been hearing for the past 3 seasons how LOADED this roster is, how YOUNG and Talented this roster is...and for the past 3 months how having the choice of Bradford, Bridgewater or Keenum was a WONDERFUL position to be in.

But yet, the Vikings considered it NECESSARY to spend 35 MILLION dollars in 2018 on TWO Free Agent players and let those 3 great QB's leave. Hmmmm.... I guess maybe the roster wasn't as " loaded" as we were led to believe?

Like it or not, its Super Bowl or bust THIS SEASON. No more "building", no more "next year". NO MORE EXCUSES.

Dicky was supposed to have been defined by Ponder....he managed to make Less the scapegoat for that disaster. Dicky was supposed to be defined by Bridgewater/Bradford....guess not. Those 3 QB's represent 5 total draft picks and 3 FIRST ROUND draft picks between April 2011 and September 2016....and NONE of them are on the 2018 roster and NONE of them won a playoff game for the Vikings (or any other team, for that matter)

The Vikings must at least MAKE the Super Bowl THIS season. That, at least, would mean that the Vikings managed to win at LEAST 2 consecutive playoff games, something this franchise hasn't accomplished in 30 YEARS (the 1987 team is the last one to manage that).

I have been told for past 3 years that the 2017 season was THE culmination of the "plan".  I confess to be disappointed by 1 "miracle-once-in-a-lifetime" home victory followed by a patented Vikings humiliating post-seaon loss. But maybe I misunderstood what the "plan" was. 

There is NO possibility of misunderstanding THIS SEASON, however.

There are NO MORE EXCUSES LEFT.

Hand picked "GM" ( albeit only 2 playoff wins in 12 seasons), Hand picked HC (3rd working with current GM), Hand picked "superstar" OC (I've lost count of these saviors since 2006), Hand picked QB ( $84m cap hit over 3 years, zero playoff wins), Hand picked 3 technique DT for $8 million

Continued...

Even injuries don't count

The 2010 Packers had @ 18 players on IR, including 8 or 9 STARTERS.

How'd that season turn out for the Fudge? Super  Bowl Champions. No "woulda-coulda-shoulda"....an ACTUAL championship.

Minimum expectation for this team in 2018 is a SB appearance AT LEAST.

You can't be patting yourself on the back for 6 months and then be satisfied with a typical 1 and done or 1 and 1, as has been the case for the last 30 years.

If you're gonna talk the talk, ya better walk the walk. 

No more excuses. Win it all or STFU.

Quote: @"matt4787" said:
We need a better number 2 CB for this D to really take that next step. I know Waynes has gotten better but I want him to be better still.
Lol if Waynes is our biggest weakness we’re in for one hell of a year.  If we dont pony up some other team will when hes a FA. Dude is going to make +$10m a season. Hed be quite a few teams #1 CB. We get the luxury of hime being our #2

Funny I thought we went out and filled positions of need. I hate when they do that. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
Funny I thought we went out and filled positions of need. I hate when they do that. 
I'm sure the rest of the NFL feels the same way. Very seldom does a very good team with only two specific needs fill both of them with the best players available at both positions. Only one moderate need remaining (RT) and a draft coming up where the value at RT is right where we're picking. It's like we have a horseshoe or something... 

The expectations should be huge, we came up one game short of the Superbowl this past season...with a backup QB.  Kirk, Sheldon, and the rest all must know that the team is expected to return as a deep-postseason threat this season.

Cousins and Richardson have big contracts to live up to, Diggs, Hunter, and Barr are playing for paydays, and the NFL is always an ongoing audition process.  Right now, the Vikings (like Cousins) are officially done with "scrappy underdog" status and need to live up to the status as a prime contender.  This is something we've all wanted, but it also means much more to lose, much more room for potential disappointment.

6 months of stewing on this new status is likely gonna be as stressful as the "who's our QB?" circus every other freakin' year....

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
The expectations should be huge, we came up one game short of the Superbowl this past season...with a backup QB.  Kirk, Sheldon, and the rest all must know that the team is expected to return as a deep-postseason threat this season.

Cousins and Richardson have big contracts to live up to, Diggs, Hunter, and Barr are playing for paydays, and the NFL is always an ongoing audition process.  Right now, the Vikings (like Cousins) are officially done with "scrappy underdog" status and need to live up to the status as a prime contender.  This is something we've all wanted, but it also means much more to lose, much more room for potential disappointment.

6 months of stewing on this new status is likely gonna be as stressful as the "who's our QB?" circus every other freakin' year....

Nah...Gotta enjoy the Ride Z, enjoy the ride the next few seasons...