Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent: Vikings didn’t offer Cousins most money
Kirk Cousins met the media after signing his fully guaranteed three-year, $84 million contract with the Vikings Thursday and said that the reason he came to Minnesota wasn’t just about the contract.
Cousins said the deal “is what it is,” but said that the organization is what excites him about coming to a place he said he expects to spend the rest of his career. While breaking down the steps that led to Minnesota, Cousins’ agent Mike McCartney told a similar story.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/agent-vikings-didnt-offer-cousins-most-money/

I know I’m pleasantly surprised by the contract. We should be able to keep our position alottment pretty darn close to what it was. I tell you what, it’s nice to know we have a franchise QB in place for the forseeble future.

It's true that the Jets were offering quite a bit more money...  Cousins wasn't lying about taking less money to go to a winner.

Kirk's mom is from Fort Dodge and went to Iowa for nursing. His maternal grandfather and great uncle both played football at Iowa. His dad is from Chicagoland. He grew up a big Iowa fan. He's a midwestern kid at heart. That probably played a small part in his decision.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
It's true that the Jets were offering quite a bit more money...  Cousins wasn't lying about taking less money to go to a winner.
I read the Jets offered Cousins a 5 years 150 million contract and I think the Cardinals offered him something like 3 years 90 million contract.  so Kirk really did what to come to Minnesota.

Whoa....looking at those offers.

Skol Kirk!
Go get 'em Hoss