Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Second In Command To Captain Kirk

From South Beach to Eagan, MN. 

Talk about whiplash lol! 

Maybe it will be SLoter? He is cheap and has the upside, new QB whisperer. Training camp and preseason will tell the tale. 

I was wondering the same thing: do we make Sloter the #2 and have him learn behind Cousins?  Or do we sign a veteran to be our backup (in case of "emergency")?  The "cheapest" route might be to pick up a practice squad-type QB (FA or draft) and keep him around as the emergency back-up (if Cousins goes down and Sloter becomes the starter).  As much money as we're spending on Cousins (which- assuming he stays healthy- is worth it, in my opinion), I'm not sure we can afford $5 million on a decent back-up.

He is pretty inconsistent. Probably good for a game or two. Much more than that and you are better off playing Sloter and letting him develop.

With Rick stating QB2 is the second most important position on the roster, we aren't going to leave the team in Sloter's hands...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
With Rick stating QB2 is the second most important position on the roster, we aren't going to leave the team in Sloter's hands...
Agreed. Not sure Sloter is ready for the #2 yet and it would behoove the team to get a vet behind Cousins....2019 might be the year for Sloter to take those reigns with good improvement. 

Agreed. Matt Moore is a solid option. I think he's one of the highest paid backups in the league. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4535/matt-moore

Found him...
[Image: football-crew1.jpg?w=500]

It won't be chase daniel (some history with flip) just signed with the bears.