Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilkerson, Packers Agree to Contract After 7 Seasons with Jets
The 2011 first-round pick made the Pro Bowl for the first time in 2015 after registering 64 tackles and a career-high 12 sacks.
He also posted double-digit sacks in 2013 with 10.5, and he has 44.5 sacks in 105 career games despite largely playing in a 3-4 defensive front.
In addition to that, the Temple alum has missed just seven games in seven NFLseasons, although he did break his leg in the Jets' final regular-season game in 2015.
Wilkerson has proved to be a disruptive force against both the pass and the run when healthy and motivated, which could make him a steal of a signing.
Although there are some concerns regarding Wilkerson's willingness to give 100 percent game in and game out, the Packers could have a bargain on their hands if he lives up to his potential.
Offense has been Green Bay's biggest key to success in recent years, but the signing of Wilkerson could go a long way toward improving its defense.
With Wilkerson now in the fold, the Packers have a formidable defensive line that also includes Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark.
Constant injuries have slowed linebacker Clay Matthews, but Wilkerson has a strong resume in terms of rushing the passer, and he could help the Packers go from the middle of the pack in sacks to among the leaders in 2018.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26304...-with-jets

We're seeing a much more aggressive front office in GB now...Graham aside, this Wilkerson may be a good signing for a defense that needs improving. 

I suspect they will continue to try and improve while they have a window with Rogers...

He's Albert Haynesworth 2.0...once he got paid, he tanked, got benched, was a disruption... Glad the packers signed him...

lets hope they sign tori smith. not worried bout the fudge. 

They also cut Jordy.  Maybe I don't pay enough attention to GB, but that surprised me.

I suppose Green bay doesn't have a salary cap? That new guaranteed $35 million dollar rodgers contract is waiting in the wings as well.

When motivated, he is really good. The Packers signed him pretty cheap. That should really motivate him to tear it up so he can sign another big deal.