Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So..just who is this deliverer?
Interesting article about Cousins from last year....If we sign him, I doubt he'll be moving into his in-laws basement anymore...or driving his grandmother's van. 
Because Kirk Cousins is Kirk Cousins, he desperately wanted an office. That is what he asked of the Redskins, and that is what they gave him: a windowless nook with gray filing cabinets and ample storage space, tucked off the lobby at 21300 Redskins Park Drive....
...It’s tempting to frame the new workstation as just more evidence in the ongoing case of Kirk Cousins vs. Quarterback Cool. Consider what else is on record. Exhibit A, how Cousins and his wife, Julie, move into his in-laws’ basement every winter to save money; B, how he hangs photos of reporters inside his locker, so he can remember their names; C, how he loves trivia; D, how he reads piles of books, underlining passages and typing out his favorite takeaways, then emailing his reviews to family members; and E, how he bought a Mercedes G-Class wagon in October, which sure seems like a cool splurge ... until he reveals the mileage (past 50,000) and year (2001). Before that purchase he drove a passenger van that once belonged to his grandmother. “I hated looking at it,” says tight end Jordan Reed.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/29/kirk-c...uarterback

That was a fascinating read. He definitely made the most of his opportunity and he did it his way regardless of what anyone else thinks. Good for him.

Very interesting read...  I always appreciate these in-depth looks into what makes certain players tick.

Get that man a cubicle stat!  Wink B)

His story is remarkably similar to what Brees did after SD ditched him.  Starting to see the Cousins appeal now.

I LOVE this quote:
Washington fired Shanahan 16 months later, and as his belongings were being packed, he recalls telling the team brass that Cousins was capable of winning a Super Bowl. “If you want Robert to be the quarterback, trade Kirk,” he said, “because Kirk will beat him out.” His audience fell silent.

And this one:
Shanahan—a guy who’s coached Joe Montana, Steve Young, John Elway and Terrell Davis, Hall of Famers all—says Cousins is as competitive as anyone he’s been around. But because the QB embraces and embodies the nerd narrative, he’s forever underestimated, and not just by the nebulous detractors that profiles tend to reference. Kirk’s father, Don, a retired minister, recalls how Michigan State missed what it had in his son, pitting him in QB battles against Keith Nichol, a higher-ranked recruit whom Cousins outplayed. Those close to Cousins say the Redskins don’t truly appreciate him either. “I’ve watched him be overlooked for so long,” says Don. “Now that a few people have found the bandwagon, it’s like, ’Welcome to the club!’ This is how he’s been perceived his entire life.”

And then there's this:
Cousins won’t say it outright, but there’s a part of him—maybe a big part—that feels disrespected by the team that drafted him. Last spring he forsook a long-term deal for a one-year franchise tag, and while pundits can frame that decision as a calculated risk, Cousins notes that he’s not a risk-taker, not “the guy who wants to open my parachute at the last minute.” Asked about reports that Washington last summer offered him a record-setting guarantee, he squirms. But this much is clear: He didn’t decline that deal to make more money. He said no—in a way that no other QB has ever said no to a long-term deal—because he didn’t feel “at peace,” he says, with “my situation.”“They could have made him the highest-paid player in NFL history, and he wouldn’t have signed,” Don says. “People say, Well, he’s making $24 million. Fact is, he could have gotten a whole lot more.”

Lol...Snappy title MB.

I'll read it and get excited if we actually sign the guy...

Everyone has a story, some better than others. There are good dudes out there, even beyond guys like Keenum and Bridgewater. If he signs, Cousins will be an easy guy to root for.